Efi 351w

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco Rick

Reaction score
I have been wanting to replace my old motor, so I was doing some research to try and figure out what I wanted. First I thought well a fuel injected 302 would be nice and would help me get past all of the off camber stalls I seem to have. Then someone told me that I would probably like the extra torque of a 351W. So I figured why not the best of both worlds. So I went to fordfuelinjection.com to see what were my best options and it says 88-94 trucks,vans, and broncos were the best candidates. Then I read the second part of the article on injecting your bronco in Bronco Driver Magazine (which was written by the same guy) and now I am totally confused. I have found an 89 truck with a 351W and can buy the whole truck for $700.00 but am not sure what I can use and what I can not use, or if it is even worth the hassel. if I just have to change the harness or the computer or the injectors what good is buying the whole truck? HELP!!!!

B

bbronko

Hello .

I am putting a 5.8 in my 72 Bronco right now . I just rewired the harness from the 1988 Bronco into the 72 Bronco . If you want a few pics to see how it fits Just e-mail me . [email protected]

okleven

Reaction score
I installed the 5.8 in my 73 bronco a couple of years ago. The problem I had is that the stock EFI intake is very tall, so I ended up swapping in a GT-40 setup. $$$ This also converts the engine to Mass Air, so a different wire harness is needed. You can rewire the truck harness, but it's a pain. Even this setup is tall, and since I didn't have a body lift, I had to cut a hole in the hood. A big hole! I couldn't find a scoop to clear, so I bought the Proflow hood from Wildhorses or Bronce Graveyard. Yes, this thing has torque, but buying a 302/5.0 is much cheaper and fits better. It really has plenty of power, and you can buy a lot of performance parts for it if you need more.

67halfcab

Reaction score
There really are a ton of options you can use.

I got my hands on a 86 Van which was supposed to have a 351w but it turned out to be a 302 but it has the same style truck intakes that the 351w have. Too Tall for a bronco.

For me I just bought a mustang 302 upper and lower intake and swapped them on to my 302 and used everything else from the van. I now have $200 into everything including the van and with the 2" body lift everything will fit under the Bronco hood without any modifications.

You have the same option by switching the intakes. You can either buy the GT40 setup $$ or you can buy mustang intakes and some spacers to adapt them to the 351w. Although both of these are pricey.

For $700 I'd keep looking or just cut a big hole in your hood and enjoy the EFI and added torque.

S

S/C-HD2002

What needs to be done for a distributor gear?? I am getting ready to complete my SEFI swap on my 69 351W. I am putting a comp cams 4x4 Extreme cam and have a Mallory 5.8l dizzy with the on board TFI. Do I need to run a hardened steel gear?

I remember reading something about swapping from a brass gear, or to a brass gear?? Anyone clear this up for me??

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948