A Confession

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

c4artist

Reaction score
Hello My New Friends,

First the confession: I drove a light blue (ofter referred to by my "friends" as powder blue) 2001 Toyota Prius for 150,000 miles of my life.

It was dependable, had great gas mileage and yes, I still was able to get dates with women. Yes, don't let the Prius fool you, I only date women.

Anyway, I sold my car before deploying to Afghanistan. I am exited to make it home eventually to my new vehicle, a 1979 Ford Bronco Ranger XLT. I am posting pics and the description from the ad. Please let me know if you think I got a good deal. I'm pretty sure, but I am new to this game.

"a 1979 ford Bronco with over $50K invested, has a custom built 400ci backed by a C6 automatic transmission, 205 transfer case, 9" rear end with rear disc brakes and posi, 12,000 winch with custom winch bumper, factory alloy wheels with 33" tires, dual shocks on all four corners, custom interior, visor, and much much more $7500"

profile.jpg

The paint is in great shape, but when it does need to be redone i will change up the colors and make sure the roof matches the strip, not the body.

rear.jpg

engine.jpg

interior.jpg

The interior is also in great shape, but I have plans to rhino line the inside and replace the seats with neoprine so I can drive with the top off even in the rain.

Thanks for looking.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo c4artist,

WELCOME!

From the pics, the interior & exterior look great!

We had a 78 w/351M, 4 speed and it is missed. Great years to work on and the styling is right up there.

btw, here is an online 1979 Bronco Sales Brochure

& another

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/8357/66200

Jeff at the Bronco Graveyard has offered a 2% discount to members of The BroncoZone for on line orders. To get your discount, enter the discount code BZMEMBER. Also you must include your BroncoZone User Name with the order.

http://broncograveyard.com

Be safe there, keep in touch.

if you need any Bronco repair or modification help, just ask

Bronc76

Reaction score
Welcome to the zone!

Like M5 said, looks good from the pics. Like the color combo also.

OP
OP
C

c4artist

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I hope to learn about this truck. I had looked at getting a cheaper one and restoring it myself, but I just couldn't see my self making anything as close to nice to this for the same money. I will making some changes to this one though.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo

I think it's a vg deal! Ask anyone here how much $ a body shop would chagre just for the 1/4 panels, tailgate and paint job. My 96 was rear-ended back in 98 and shop charged ins company almost $6K for above plus new tire carrier and tire cover and glass.

btw, in US Army Field Manual 5-250, Explosives & Demolitions: "WARNING Composition C4 explosive is poisonous and dangerous if chewed or ingested; its detonation or burning produces poisonous fumes."

.. but, in a pinch...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23