86 bronco 2 trans prob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbr7515

Reaction score
something odd is going on with it. me and my wife took it over the weekend for a camping trip. it did fine all weekend.then monday morning on the way to work it wouldnt shift into overdrive.so i let off the gas a bit and went to reapply the pedal and it just reved up like in Neutral. i was like ***?????as the bronco slowed down i felt the trans pick back up at around 25 miles per hour and back up to speed i went. only to let off the gas and it did it again.

n e ideas on what it is? tc is new about a year old.stay at very low speeds it fine. need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Neutron

Land of Confusion
Reaction score
These may seem like a silly questions, but sometimes the simplest things are overlooked...

Is the transmission fluid in good shape -nice, bright red?

When was the last time the filter was changed?

Does it have the proper fluid level?

The reason I ask is the transmission is showing indications that it is starving for fluid. This could also be because of worn or improper fluid, or leaking internals. For instance, a C4 of mine did the similar things because of a leaking o-ring. It was hard to diagnose because it leaked internally, there was no drip on the ground.

Let us know what you find!

~J

OP
OP
bbr7515

bbr7515

Reaction score
the fluid is full. good color, filter prolly has never been changed. it use to do that when it got low on fluid, back when i had a leak ,when i would go around a curve it wouldnt pick up fluid and jump outa gear.i adjusted the bands yesterday. that didnt work. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i spose the next step is to change filter. its funny that it started not going into overdrive after being fine the day before.even when i had the leak in the past it would go into overdrive just fine with low fluid. stumped

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula