78/79 Bronco/f-150 Bumper mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

79fordtruck

Reaction score
hello everyone great site!

I am new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone would be able to help me locate some parts. I am in the process of restoring a '79 f150 (i know this is a bronco site but please keep reading lol). My plan is to put a bronco style non-step chrome bumper on it because i like the looks of them better. I know i can get the bumper from LMC truck so that is not a problem for me. The problem is that from what i can see, these types of bumpers use a different mounting bracket. I cannot seem to locate these brackets anywhere. If anyone has suggestions of where to find a set of these brackets that would be great.

Also, on the lmc truck site, there are two bumpers of these types to select from. One bumper says that the center mounting holes are 36-1/2" apart and the other bumper has them at 40" apart. The first bumper says it is for a style side which im assuming thats what i need since that is the type of bed on my truck. I just didnt know if there were two different brackets for the different bumper mounting holes.

Thanks for everyones help, I appreciate it.

I added a couple pics of the truck I built. My parents bought it as the 3rd owner and drove it daily for many years. It then sat in our barn for about 3 years. I always wanted the truck so they decided to give it to me as a college graduation gift. I couldnt keep my hands off of it though and started working on it before i have finished school. I finally am finishing my 4th year this spring. When i got the truck it was totally stock except for exhaust and that wasnt gonna work for me.

Now for the goods...

I bought a 460 that came from an ambulance had it bored .030, bumped the compression to about 9.5:1, .514/.514 cam, weiand intake, L&L nickle plated headers, weiand hi-flow waterpump, and recently added a holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries. Future plans are super cobra jet heads.

I then cleaned up the frame and the underneath of the truck and added a heavy coat of glossy tractor trailor paint from tractor supply (this is good stuff I recommend it to anyone). Last I added a 4 inch lift with **** cepek wheels and 33 inch tires. I bought a posi which is going to be installed soon. Luckly the body is rust free which is amazing for pennsylvania weather.

DSC_0609.JPGDSC_0615.JPGDSC_0548.JPGDSC_0544.JPGDSC_0584.JPG

Again thanks for the help!

Yardape

Reaction score
The truck is sweet, and that engine, OMG I have no words for that, too nice to put in a truck. I would have that engine in my livingroom

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Wow, that's an awesome paint job and drivetrain!!! IS the paint black, or the dark emerald green like my 79 F-150?

As for the bumpers, I'd also look up Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. The frame width of the 78/79 F-series and broncos is about 32", vs 36" for the 80-96. My 79 has a chrome step bumper on the back, but I have no idea where it came from. You used to be able to find them at the local trailer & frame stores.

OP
OP

79fordtruck

Reaction score
Wow, that's an awesome paint job and drivetrain!!! IS the paint black, or the dark emerald green like my 79 F-150?
As for the bumpers, I'd also look up Jeff's Bronco Graveyard. The frame width of the 78/79 F-series and broncos is about 32", vs 36" for the 80-96. My 79 has a chrome step bumper on the back, but I have no idea where it came from. You used to be able to find them at the local trailer & frame stores.

Thanks for the info, the paint is black. It was actually painted about 10 years ago, its just always been kept in a garage or a barn.

Thanks again for the help

Not Now

Reaction score
Hi

I bought a rear bumper from a chap a few weeks ago for my 78 bronco.The bumper was fine,but it had different mounting bracket on it.I'm thinking the bumper may have been on a 78-79 truck. Anyway, send me your address and you may have them.

Don

johnnyreb

Reaction score
hello everyone great site!

I am new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone would be able to help me locate some parts. I am in the process of restoring a '79 f150 (i know this is a bronco site but please keep reading lol). My plan is to put a bronco style non-step chrome bumper on it because i like the looks of them better. I know i can get the bumper from LMC truck so that is not a problem for me. The problem is that from what i can see, these types of bumpers use a different mounting bracket. I cannot seem to locate these brackets anywhere. If anyone has suggestions of where to find a set of these brackets that would be great.

Also, on the lmc truck site, there are two bumpers of these types to select from. One bumper says that the center mounting holes are 36-1/2" apart and the other bumper has them at 40" apart. The first bumper says it is for a style side which im assuming thats what i need since that is the type of bed on my truck. I just didnt know if there were two different brackets for the different bumper mounting holes.

Thanks for everyones help, I appreciate it.

I added a couple pics of the truck I built. My parents bought it as the 3rd owner and drove it daily for many years. It then sat in our barn for about 3 years. I always wanted the truck so they decided to give it to me as a college graduation gift. I couldnt keep my hands off of it though and started working on it before i have finished school. I finally am finishing my 4th year this spring. When i got the truck it was totally stock except for exhaust and that wasnt gonna work for me.

Now for the goods...

I bought a 460 that came from an ambulance had it bored .030, bumped the compression to about 9.5:1, .514/.514 cam, weiand intake, L&L nickle plated headers, weiand hi-flow waterpump, and recently added a holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries. Future plans are super cobra jet heads.

I then cleaned up the frame and the underneath of the truck and added a heavy coat of glossy tractor trailor paint from tractor supply (this is good stuff I recommend it to anyone). Last I added a 4 inch lift with **** cepek wheels and 33 inch tires. I bought a posi which is going to be installed soon. Luckly the body is rust free which is amazing for pennsylvania weather.

View attachment 8382View attachment 8383View attachment 8384View attachment 8385View attachment 8386

Again thanks for the help!
Nice looking truck. Alot of those parts are the same as the bronco. I am planning on going to the junk yard over in Webster County-West Virginia. He has a 78-79 their nd I,ll look and see it the bumper or brackets is on it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Welcome to the zone!
Very nice truck!
I love the mods as well
That thing is gorgeous!
Cheers
Li Bronco. as many different years Fords ,Herald had---I never saw 1 like yours and the one I have in my Custom Bronco. They all looked like the one in my Ranger XLT Bronco. . Hopefully some of the weeds will be down when we go back over their. Hopefull Monday. I also heard of a junk yard in Urbacan and one over in Pocohantas county

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Li Bronco. as many different years Fords ,Herald had---I never saw 1 like yours and the one I have in my Custom Bronco. They all looked like the one in my Ranger XLT Bronco. . Hopefully some of the weeds will be down when we go back over their. Hopefull Monday. I also heard of a junk yard in Urbacan and one over in Pocohantas county
No worries Johnny
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK