Transfer Case Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DONKEY

Reaction score
i would appreciate some info about my Bronco. it is a 90 model, 5.0, with a 1356 borg warner electronic shift transfer case. when i try to engage the 4X4, it won't engage into 4 wheel drive. i can hear a clicking sound and the voltmeter jumps, but thats about it. i am currently in the process of selling it and would like to get this problem fixed before i do. i am assuming that it is in the control module but you know what you get when you assume! thanks

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
That model has had numerous problems with the electric shift motor and module. I'll try to find you a link from another site on how to check it and fix it (hopefully).

1356 Repair

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest_DONKEY

Thanks justshootme84, this is a really informative site. Once again thanks alot. Well, time to get to work on it.

pmhvps

Reaction score
That model has had numerous problems with the electric shift motor and module. I'll try to find you a link from another site on how to check it and fix it (hopefully).1356 Repair

1937[/snapback]

Hi, that link does not work anymore, I have the same problem with a '90 Bronco II. Any help would be Gr8. Thanks, Mike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23