Wiring back window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoforlife

Reaction score
Im trying to put in a 3 way switch to wire the back window of my 83 bronco.

I dont really know what to do so can somone draw me a diagram or somthing?

I have a switch, 3 ***** terminal. i connected power to the middle. then the wires from the back window on either side, and connected the power to the + on my battery with an in line fuse.. that should work right?

What am i doing wrong?

Please help me =)

Rivergod

Reaction score
Is there a keyed switch in the back? I eliminated mine on my `78 and only use the switch in the dash. If you are going to add a new switch, it has to be a 3 position, momentary, DPDT (double pole-double throw) type switch. It will have 6 terminals. The middle terminals will be your negative and positive feed and the outside terminals will be the negative and positive to the window motor, you just reverse the leads on the opposite side of the switch. I can draw you a diagram if you want. :)>-

Marine rocker switches

Window_switch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
Im trying to put in a 3 way switch to wire the back window of my 83 bronco.I dont really know what to do so can somone draw me a diagram or somthing?

I have a switch, 3 ***** terminal. i connected power to the middle. then the wires from the back window on either side, and connected the power to the + on my battery with an in line fuse.. that should work right?

What am i doing wrong?

Please help me =)
You have no ground to complete the motor circuit. Why not fix the real problem, they really aren't that hard to diagnose and fix.

Circuit attached.

Good luck,

:)>-

PG64b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member