Does anyone have plans for a buggy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoforlife

Reaction score
Does anyone have the plans to build a buggy, (how to build it and what i need)?

AN offroad buggy.

I am starting a new project and am just seeing what there is out there.

Thanks

swampthing

Reaction score
im going to be building a buggy..its fairy simple..what exactly do you have in mind..what do you want to use it for

Yardape

Reaction score
what kind of buggy are you thinking? Like a rock buggy or a truggy or a dune buggy. What are you looking for? Check out Poison Spider, they build some kick a$$ buggies, maybe you can get inspired by one of theirs.

swampthing

Reaction score
i will give you my basic idea of what my buggy is going ot be..im going to get a bronco..either complete or just frame or frame and rears...302 of course with C6 NP205 d44 straight axle ford 9 inch...im going to run a f150 cab or ranger cab nothing but tubing in the front and rear..no fenders no quarters no bed nothing just cab and cage

Yardape

Reaction score
Swampthing, did you ever check out whiteknight.ca? Thats pretty much what he did. except with a :-& chev.

OP
OP
B

Broncoforlife

Reaction score
yeah i chcked out that spider site. Even somthig like that would be cool, i think that white knight one is a bit over my budget.. lol but it would be nice.

Do you know if i can get the plans to build one of those buggys off spider myself?

Yardape

Reaction score
The cool thing about the whiteknight is he started with a fullsize blazer. Upgraded his axles, and whatnot. then moved onto a baby blazer body ontop of evrything he had built. Then he put an s-10 cab on the frame. Then went to coilovers and so on. He did it over a realistic period of time, wasn't just fork over the cash and built a buggy. He started out just like us. thats what I find so cool about his truck.

OP
OP
B

Broncoforlife

Reaction score
I have a fullsize bronco right now that i could do that with.

Just with going to college full time now and working in evenings and weekends.. gona be hard

IMG_4518.jpg

Yardape

Reaction score
Benefit? Thats like comparing a Bracket racing Mustang to John Forces Mustang. It is purpose built, absolutely the best of everything for the terrain he wants to concur. The benifits are extreme offroad capability. But his truck is probably in the high 100 to 200 thousand dollar range. He has sponsers and everything now.

swampthing

Reaction score
you dont build a bad ass mud buggy over night...it takes a lot fo time a lot of fabricating...take your time start out slow and just put money into it over time..the good thing about using a bronco frame..short wheel base..if you go straight axle you will have failry decent flex (i could get one tire up 3 feet off the ground with my 78..with just a 4 inch lift)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo