95 bronco remote lock not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncobeat

Reaction score
my remote lock only unlocks the passenger door but not the driver side door. I use the key, however, it is getting old now and wondered if I can fix it. Any ideas what/where to check? It is a 96 bronco.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Since one side works and the other does not, you can rule out the transmitter, reciever, and fuse.

I dont know how easy/hard the actuator is to reach inside the door, but you could try applying power directly to it to see if it works. If it does, then you problem must lie in the wiring somewhere. The first thing I would look for is broken wire in between the door and frame where it bends each time the door is opened and closed. Keep in mind that the insulation could still look good even though the wire inside is broken.

Cucamongan

Reaction score
Does the inside power locks switch work on the driver side door lock? If it does, then it is probably a wire that got disconnected or broke.

If the power lock does NOT work with the inside door switch AND keyless entry, then most likely you have a bad power lock motor.

I got one from a pick-a-part boneyard for about $8....

Hope this helps

The key to removing the motor is to push DOWN really hard.

OP
OP
B

broncobeat

Reaction score
Hi roadkill and cucamongan:

Thanks for the quick reply. The inside power lock does not work for the driver's side but does work on the passenger's side. So, I think it must be the power lock motor on the driver's side. I will see if i can get a used one from some local yard. Thanks, guys. Thanks again guys. This is a great site/forum. You guys know these rigs!

Yardape

Reaction score
Before you go out a buy another one, try a few tests. When you try and use the lock switch does your amp meter show a draw? Test the wire at the lock actuator, run a power wire straight to it see if it is in fact dead.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno