engine stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mud slinger

Reaction score
I have a 78 Broco and a 91 f100. My f100 has a 6cyl. It runs fine but will act like it is running out of gas now and then. It will miss sputter for a couple minutes then start running fine again. The engine light will come on just before it happens. I have checked pump and replaced relay. What else could it be?

Big Country

Reaction score
you might get more looks at this post by posting it in the right forum "78-79 Ford Bronco"

other than the fuel pump i would check the fuel filter....does this sputtering happen during the same type of situations (like at certain speeds) or is it sporadically happening?

OP
OP
mud slinger

mud slinger

Reaction score
you might get more looks at this post by posting it in the right forum "78-79 Ford Bronco"
other than the fuel pump i would check the fuel filter....does this sputtering happen during the same type of situations (like at certain speeds) or is it sporadically happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mud slinger

mud slinger

Reaction score
Sorry guys, new at this, dont know how I managed to post in wrong place,

OP
OP
mud slinger

mud slinger

Reaction score
At all times, speeds and idleing. Not real often, or predictable. Fuel filter seemed ok I could blow through it pretty easy.

Big Country

Reaction score
i am assuming you have a carb just by teh year of the truck. you might want to check for a vacuum leak, or even check the timing. there is a vacuum tester at autozone for like 20 bucks or some people say ust to hold a piece of hose to you ear and then at teh carb where the hoses are and listen to see if you can hear one. other than that i am at a loss

OP
OP
mud slinger

mud slinger

Reaction score
i am assuming you have a carb just by teh year of the truck. you might want to check for a vacuum leak, or even check the timing. there is a vacuum tester at autozone for like 20 bucks or some people say ust to hold a piece of hose to you ear and then at teh carb where the hoses are and listen to see if you can hear one. other than that i am at a loss

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
How is this a How-To tech? And, how can so many people here, continually, post their questions in the wrong forums?

Yardape

Reaction score
Maybe becuase the newbies arent all that familiar with the site. Have patience grasshopper

Big Country

Reaction score
...... we are here to help, this site's popularity is growing just look at how many people have joined since i did 500 in 3 months according to mudslinger's date of activation. like yardape said, patience grasshopper they will know next time.....

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
grasshopper? Are you kidding me? I was here within days of this site being made public *this is where I'd be rolling my eyes at the previous comments*

OP
OP
mud slinger

mud slinger

Reaction score
I am sorry I am not great at this computer stuff. I was rased and lived a Dodge man. This is my first Ford. I only purchased it because it was nearly a perfect body and only had less then 100,00 miles on it. And the price was right $700.00. But now I am proud or my bronco.,and would not trade it for anything.(see gallery, at least I think I did this right). I came to this sight to maybe meet some other proud Bronco owners. and I am finding a few. So please tell me how to move my entery ,or delete it and lets all find some mud.. And thanks to those who commented. Problem not solved but am working on it. By the way how do I change the comment under my picture.

Johnny Reb

Reaction score
You might also want to check you fuel line. Check for damp sopts along it------if you have seen one or more-rub it (the damp spot ) and smell for gas. If you do-that could be your problem. Go all the way to your tank and also-the rubber connection from your tank to the line might be rotted and if so-replace. Just one of several problems you my want to check out.Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo