manuel or auto trans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ilystbronco

Reaction score
hey im just bored so i was wondering what u guys think is the best kind of trany for offroad, manuel or automatic?

Big Country

Reaction score
i think that depends on how good you are at eitehr one. with mudding while in a manual, you have to be really good at it and if you are. I think it's better, it's easier to control how fast your tires turn by using th clutch to your advantage. if you are not very good and with a manual transmission than obviously an automatic would be the way to go.

Yardape

Reaction score
I used to think standard was better offroad, but when going through big and long mudholes, I found that it was very easy to overrev cause you got lots to think about while bouncing off the roof and dash while boggin. Both have the advantage. Whatever your rig has keep it, they are all good. If you stall out on a mudhole in an auto your done, in a manual you can crank it over in gear and drive out on the starter. Just depends, if you drink while wheelin, it even harder to shift gears.

seawalkersee

Reaction score
There is more than just wheeling for the tranny esarch. I took out the C6 and stuck in the 435. I have yet to do anything with it (still havin carb problems) but it is more fun to drive around the block with the man trans than the auto.

Chris

Justbust1n

Reaction score
its alot easier to throw a rod or spin a bearing with a manual but the auto is alot easier to maintain but alot more expensive if something breaks !!! so there are alot of pros and cons for both i guess its just your prefrence

John Eversoll

Reaction score
hey im just bored so i was wondering what u guys think is the best kind of trany for offroad, manuel or automatic?
If you are doing off road, then by all means a 4 spd

But if you are doing the family gig like me,,,,, go with auto

that way when the kids are asleep in the back mom can tend business up front :-& #036;

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
ya but if u do road and have a manual u better be damn good for those tricky hill climbs and other times when ur in the middle of ur shift and hit a bump u didnt see.

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
i think the auto would be better as long as your brakes are strong enough to hold them back in low range.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno