help me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lump1713

Reaction score
My bronco is driving me insane. Here is what it does: First I have no speedometer. second my mileage has been the same for a while now. and Third I have to shift into neutral and back into drive so I can move again once i stop at stop sign or redlight. cause my trans does not upshift. it downshifts fine but no upshift. and when i shift into reverse it shifts too hard.

I already replaced the sensor in the rear differential twice (rear abs sensor). Any ideas of what else it could be.

Could it be my rear going? trans? I'm still rather new to bronco considering this is my first one owning.

any help is appreciated

Big Country

Reaction score
sounds like the trans may be on it's way out. the speedo and mileage could be a simple speedometer cable replacment(from dash to tranny)

so you have to go from 1 to 2 to D on your column manually? Is reverse the only hard shift?

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Well seeing you didnt specify what year truck you have Im going to guess its the 92 in your description . In 1992 ford went with a digital odometer this unit also uses no speedometer cable . It uses a PSOM ( programable speedometer , odometer module ) If this has lost signal from the speed sensor inside the E4OD tranny then it will not work also if this speed signal is lost then you will have no feedback to the EEC to shift that tranny which by the way runs at full line pressure in manual 1st and 2nd after that it will slip till the clutches melt so I would recomend you stop driving it till its fixed . Might be as easy as taking the big grey and black elestrical plug ins out of the drivers side top edge of the pan right by the shifter inlet and cleaning them or you may be getting ready to drop that tranny out and get it rebuilt . I have never had to replace that speed sensor so cant help you there , Good news is you shouldnt have any problems with your ABS sensor for a long time :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

Lump1713

Reaction score
yea reverse is the only hard shift and yes its the 92 in my signature. it was weird cause i replaced the sensor the first time and it was fine for about 2 months. then it just went out for good. my rear abs light is also on. i had a feelinbg it couuld be the trans.

Big Country

Reaction score
well blade, i see, has this all taken care of, I also didn't look in your signature at teh year, sorry about the bas speedometer info. man i went O-for on this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22