water in the 96 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncobeat

Reaction score
I have a 96 bronco and when it rains like it does in Seattle, I noticed that the floorboard in front of the back bench seat, also under the bench seat's carpet when I lift up the carpet, and floorboards under the floor mats in the front? I tried to feel around the headliner and it seemed moist in the mddle but not sure if it was really wet or just moisture evaporating? I took it to my windshield guy and he tested the windshield, but said it didn't seem to leak but he resealed it anyway just to be sure. Any ideas where and how else to check? Thank you.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Could be coming in through the roof just behind the doors. There is a seam there that in prone to cracking and leaking. Follow raingutter back towards the rear and you will find the spot.

OP
OP
B

broncobeat

Reaction score
Could be coming in through the roof just behind the doors. There is a seam there that in prone to cracking and leaking. Follow raingutter back towards the rear and you will find the spot.
Thanks for the quick reply, how do you repair? Do I need to go to a body shop or is the fix something that a non mechanical person can do? I just broke my leg running into a cow in Baja/Mexico going 75mph on my motorcycle, so its a bit hard to get on the truck! Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

OP
OP
B

broncobeat

Reaction score
hi all:

The windshield guy did a water test and found it to be the removeable tops side window weatherstripping. he resealed and it seemed to work. We got a lot of rain and snow in Seattle lately and it as been outside the whole time. Stayed dry. Thought I would share the results/update. Thanks for the other suggestions, i appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno