Leaks, Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluryeyes

Reaction score
I noticed the other day oil (dark) on the underside of my 1990 5.8L. It looks like it is coming from the place where the engine and transmission are hooked together. Also, when in drive, I hear a "wurring" sound like gears and I feel a vibration. Any ideas on cause and cost? I want to thank justshootme and dark shadow for responding to my first inquiry. Thanks again, bluryeyes. :unsure:

BRONCO JIM

Reaction score
:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> HI THERE AND WELCOME ! FIRST OF ALL CHECK TO SEE IF IT IS MOTOR OIL. TRANSMISSION FLUID CAN LOOK LIKE ENGINE OIL ESPECIALLY IF IT PICKS UP DIRT AND GREASE. NOW CHECK TO SEE IF 1. LEAKS AROUND VALVE COVERS,2. LEAKS AROUND OIL PAN,OIL FILTER,FRONT TIMING COVER,WATER PUMP AREA. THESE ARE THE MOST LIKELY LEAK SPOTS. NOW COMES THE BAD NEWS,IT COULD BE YOUR REAR MAIN SEAL WHICH IS COSTLY TO REPAIR. DOES IT LEAK WHEN SITTING ? WIPE THE OIL WHERE YOU SEE IT,AND AFTER NOT DRIVING FOR A WHILE,CHECK TO SEE IF THERE IS OIL. IF NOT THEN THE LEAK IS HAPPENING WHEN UNDER LOAD. AS FAR AS THE WHIRRING NOISE,THATS A DIFFERENT STORY,DOES IT DO IT ONLY WHEN DRIVING,OR AT IDLE TOO? DO YOU HAVE A AUTOMATIC OR STICK ?. . AND AS A LAST DUMB THOUGHT,CHECT TO SEE IF YOUR DRAIN PLUG IS TIGHT. TRY TO WIPE OFF ALL SIGNS OF LEAK SO THE NEXT TIME YOU LOOK,YOU CAN TRACK THE LEAK. GOOD LUCK,GET BACK WITH MORE INFO. BJ

Gunner

Reaction score
CAPS LOCK BRONCO JIM. need to take the caps lock off. in computer language it means you are yelling and it is just plain hard to read for paople like me with bad eyes. thank you.

BRONCO JIM

Reaction score
:unsure: sorry for the caps,just tring to help,not much of a computer wiz as you,and the kids leave it on,my time is short online,3 kids,wife,only 1 computer. good luck with your bronc. JB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom