Biggest Tires for Bronco II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pattygook

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an '87 Bronco II with everything factory. I want to put the largest possible tires on it without lifting anything. I've got some 30x9.5's on it right now, and they're looking like it's already maxed out to me. I'd like to get some 31x10.5's, however, 33x12.5's would be my dream tires. I'd be willing to smash in my fenders a little bit if necessary, but I'd rather not. Just trying to see if anyones got bigger than 30x9.5's really.

Oh, and I don't want the tread design to be too aggressive. I really like the tread on a 33x12.5 BFG.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an '87 Bronco II with everything factory. I want to put the largest possible tires on it without lifting anything. I've got some 30x9.5's on it right now, and they're looking like it's already maxed out to me. I'd like to get some 31x10.5's, however, 33x12.5's would be my dream tires. I'd be willing to smash in my fenders a little bit if necessary, but I'd rather not. Just trying to see if anyones got bigger than 30x9.5's really.Oh, and I don't want the tread design to be too aggressive. I really like the tread on a 33x12.5 BFG.
33's will rub put a 3 inch body lift on it or you might can get by with just a 2 inch body life but you will have to lift it or cut the fender wells , that is unless you like the rubbing sound when you turn .. goodluck

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
What do the 33's rub against? and will 33x12.5's fit without modification?

Justbust1n

Reaction score
What do the 33's rub against? and will 33x12.5's fit without modification?
they will rub when you turn sharp in either direction the sway bar and the fender well and the radius arm i think but if you flex it out it will rub inside the fender

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, but I really don't want to modify my Bronco II much, especially not a lift. Does anyone know the max tire size without any mods or rubbing. I've got 31x9.5's and I'm about to get some Interco 30x10.5's or 11.5's. What I'd really like is a 31 inch tire, but I'm not sure if it'll fit w'o mods.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Thanks for all the info, but I really don't want to modify my Bronco II much, especially not a lift. Does anyone know the max tire size without any mods or rubbing. I've got 31x9.5's and I'm about to get some Interco 30x10.5's or 11.5's. What I'd really like is a 31 inch tire, but I'm not sure if it'll fit w'o mods.
yeah i have seen a bronco II with some 31 inch by 12.50 bfgoodwrench allterrieans and he had no problems just a little rubbing when he was extreamly flexing but yeah i would go as far as 31x14 for that extra grab , 31 will fit with no mods, i have seen it but it will be close... 30 inch Suoer swamper would look nice or so,me thornburds i bought some from a guy that had them on his broncoII and they looked good 30 inch thornbirds they are loud though but look real bad ass they where 30x11.50 i think

Yardape

Reaction score
I've seen tons of 31's on Rangers, they fit no problem. I'd say thats pretty much the biggest you would want to go without mods, 33's are the biggest for a fullsize Bronco so those would be out for your baby bronc

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Yeah, I really love those Interco Thornbirds. I'd like to get some 30x11.5's or 31x11's from them. Do you guys think if I get an offset wheel, if that'll fix the problem. Oh, and does anyone know where I can find the most offset wheel?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yardape

Reaction score
If you plan on wheeling with your bronc I'd steer clear of those thornbirds. I know a few guys that bought them just because they look cool and aggressive, but in reality they **** offroad. Ask anyone on here I bet they will agree. (well preferably someone that has experience with them) BFG Mud Terrains perform way better than those 'birds. If I were you I'd look at Super Swamper TSL's, SSR's, Iroks, Bfg Mud Terrain, Mickey Thompson MTZ, **** Cepek Mud Terrain (Cant remember the name but this is close), Or Procomp Mud Terrain. Even Mickey Thompson Baja Claws are a far better tire than thornbirds. They are all pretty close in price as well, Any of those I am sure you will be more than satisfied with.

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Thanks for the info yardape, but does anyone know how big a tire I can fit on my b2. 31x10.5? 31x11? and would I need an offset wheel?

Justbust1n

Reaction score
If you plan on wheeling with your bronc I'd steer clear of those thornbirds. I know a few guys that bought them just because they look cool and aggressive, but in reality they **** offroad. Ask anyone on here I bet they will agree. (well preferably someone that has experience with them) BFG Mud Terrains perform way better than those 'birds. If I were you I'd look at Super Swamper TSL's, SSR's, Iroks, Bfg Mud Terrain, Mickey Thompson MTZ, **** Cepek Mud Terrain (Cant remember the name but this is close), Or Procomp Mud Terrain. Even Mickey Thompson Baja Claws are a far better tire than thornbirds. They are all pretty close in price as well, Any of those I am sure you will be more than satisfied with.
yeah i was gonna say they are really just for looks not as much for off road ... but they do look killer on a broncoII and they dont do terribly bad off road but for you money you really cant beat it... you can get some boggers but they are pretty expensive

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
Well, it looks like I won't be getting any thornbirds. Does anyone have 31x10.5 BFG's on their b2?

Yardape

Reaction score
Thats a very common size for the local B2's here. I can think of a quite a few that have no problems with that tire size. They are running BFG All Terrains though not Mud Terrains.

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Thats a very common size for the local B2's here. I can think of a quite a few that have no problems with that tire size. They are running BFG All Terrains though not Mud Terrains.
i got some 31bfg all terrieans on my dads bronco they are the best on gas the mud terrieans are little worse on gas if your gonna go with something get some BFG all terrieans i cant disagree with Yardape he is right they do hae pretty good preformance in snow and trail for your money there about 145.00 a piece

OP
OP
P

pattygook

Reaction score
so a 31x10.5 BFG All Terrain is the max size tire that'll fit on a b2 without rubbing?

Yardape

Reaction score
Yes. If you can find 31x11's you might be able to squeeze those on. I cant recall seeing any that size but anythings possible. I know the 10.5's will fit, as for 11's well I dont really know.

iamjerry

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an '87 Bronco II with everything factory. I want to put the largest possible tires on it without lifting anything. I've got some 30x9.5's on it right now, and they're looking like it's already maxed out to me. I'd like to get some 31x10.5's, however, 33x12.5's would be my dream tires. I'd be willing to smash in my fenders a little bit if necessary, but I'd rather not. Just trying to see if anyones got bigger than 30x9.5's really.Oh, and I don't want the tread design to be too aggressive. I really like the tread on a 33x12.5 BFG.

I hear the clutch may not be able to handle 30 x10.5.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke