MAIN/AUX FUEL SWITCH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMCON00

Reaction score
Anybody know how the wires are to be hooked up to the Main/Aux fuel switch on the dash (the switch foe the fuel gauge). The back has 5 posts and I have three wires. A black, white, and orange. Thanks

76Explorer

Reaction score
Mine only uses three wires too, orange, orange, and orange :rolleyes: if it helps, the plug on the middle wire is blue, and it also splits twice into other orange wires. What year is your Bronco? I'll look for some wiring diagrams.

Last edited by a moderator:

STLKIKN

Reaction score
You should have;

1) yellow/ white stripe (aux sender)

2) orange (gauge)

3) orange (main sending unit)

The orange from the gauge is the centre post (use three posts all on the same side of your switch)

The other two are kinda trial and error, I seem to recall having to figure out which tank was which post by running the truck on one tank and watching to see if the fuel level dropped.

gettin there

Reaction score
Anybody know how the wires are to be hooked up to the Main/Aux fuel switch on the dash (the switch foe the fuel gauge). The back has 5 posts and I have three wires. A black, white, and orange. Thanks

Are you using an electric fuel pump? I have the wiring diagram from mine the shows the correct post connection for your dash switch. My fuel gauge shows the tanks switching but I haven't gotten my aux tank to feed fuel. I think my electric tank switch took an early retiremnent on me. If you have a fax I will send it to you.

texroy

Reaction score
Are you using an electric fuel pump? I have the wiring diagram from mine the shows the correct post connection for your dash switch. My fuel gauge shows the tanks switching but I haven't gotten my aux tank to feed fuel. I think my electric tank switch took an early retiremnent on me. If you have a fax I will send it to you.
Hey getting there im having that problem too..I got a 69 EB I am trying to install the electric selector while wiring to the oem dash switch It has 6 posts . If you can id like that fax, it would be appreciated.My main problem that i am running into is the specific wiring for the dash switch. i know that Yellow/white is aux tank and the Orange is main tank. But the only orange wire that i see is the wire that goes on the main cluster ie fuel, oil,temp, volt. btw my bronco has had previous 3 owners.

gettin there

Reaction score
Hey getting there im having that problem too..I got a 69 EB I am trying to install the electric selector while wiring to the oem dash switch It has 6 posts . If you can id like that fax, it would be appreciated.My main problem that i am running into is the specific wiring for the dash switch. i know that Yellow/white is aux tank and the Orange is main tank. But the only orange wire that i see is the wire that goes on the main cluster ie fuel, oil,temp, volt. btw my bronco has had previous 3 owners.
Your mail box is full so I will try to post.

gettin there

Reaction score

My bronco widow came to the rescue on the attachment. Bronco's rock, computers not so much.

Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke