Mounting a CD player in aftermarket dash question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach1460

Reaction score
I have the steel dash overlay from JBG, I dont think that just cutting a hole and using the cdplayer sleeve to hold it all in will be strong enough. What Ideas or has anyone done to "support" the CD Player?

SAYBYE

Reaction score
I just hit my local yard yesterday. I have a 67 with an AM radio from the factory. Found a Rodio that had the radio in under the dash right in front of the shifter. I got everything for 10 bucks. The outer vinal shell fit great in under my dash. I didn't need the metal frame behind the outer housing. I mounted it on the slant of the dash with screws and made legs for the back. It dosn't hit the 4by shifter or the plow control. It looks stock. It holds the new radio/cd player and has a storage spot inunder the radio. Im' waiting for some speakers from Whitney for the rear. For some reson my computor will not let me send pictures that are reduced. I didn't look what year the Rodio was. Good luck

OP
OP
M

Mach1460

Reaction score
That sounds like a pretty sweet set up, I have to be honest thought what the heck is a Rodeo? Never herd of one...

I am probobly going to switch to a floor shift down the road So I wonder if that will interfere. I have been thinking of just getting the Tuffy center councis with the radio in there... Thanks for the info you should post some pics if you can get it to work id love to see it!

OP
OP
M

Mach1460

Reaction score
Ohh Ok, Isuzu I was thinking you were talking an classic car of some sort. What year did you get yours out of? That looks awesome, Im going all black interior so I wonder if I can find a black one.. Nice work

desisbronco

Reaction score
Ohh Ok, Isuzu I was thinking you were talking an classic car of some sort. What year did you get yours out of? That looks awesome, Im going all black interior so I wonder if I can find a black one.. Nice work

When I bought my bronco it had a simialr set up, but most audio places sell under dash set ups that just hold the radio...mine was black and it locked in the player in all, I dint like the way it looked so I took it out and will be going with the center console with a hiden radio and a remote...for some reason I cant see myself making the dash look other than stock.. this is the part that I have but am not using

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-nkdmL2H9rUs/c...amp;I=120999000

SAYBYE

Reaction score
Hey Trains11tjc It is new carpeting from Jeff's that has not been steped on yet. I should have went with grey.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar