A Couple Of Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 Ford Bronco 4x4

Reaction score
Well... I'm really looking for some upgraded headlights... I know.. I know.. its a 89 4x4 bronco.. but I'm looking for something other than what comes stock... Maybe project, angel eye or even like just Diamond Cut. On to my next question... I'm really trying to find a cold air intake system for my motor... Its the 5.0L Non-mass air meter... do they even make them or just the K and N Fipk? Thanks for all your help.. I hope I can get some answers on here.....

Seabronc

Reaction score
Well... I'm really looking for some upgraded headlights... I know.. I know.. its a 89 4x4 bronco.. but I'm looking for something other than what comes stock... Maybe project, angel eye or even like just Diamond Cut.
Have you considered doing the headlight wiring upgrade? Even if you get upgraded lights I'd do the upgrade to provide a better level of voltage to them. The upgrade by itself will take existing lights from a yellowish cast to brilliant white.

On to my next question... I'm really trying to find a cold air intake system for my motor... Its the 5.0L Non-mass air meter... do they even make them or just the K and N Fipk? Thanks for all your help.. I hope I can get some answers on here.....
Food for thought; If you live in a cold climate like northern US, I'd wait till summer. The existing system is designed to warm the air when you first start to provide better fuel atomization until the engine has warmed up. Altering that process can give a vehicle real crappy start and run characteristics in cold weather. That being said, it's your truck.

:)>-

Shadow_D

Reaction score
seabronc is right about the wiring upgrade, it will help I did it to my Mazda and I did notice a difference. As far as lights I use the SilverStar Ultras from Sylvania and I am very happy with them.

swampthing

Reaction score
search around on ebay i found projector headlights for 85 bronco before they were 80 for both lights

Cucamongan

Reaction score
Have you considered doing the headlight wiring upgrade? Even if you get upgraded lights I'd do the upgrade to provide a better level of voltage to them. The upgrade by itself will take existing lights from a yellowish cast to brilliant white.
:)>-
Sorry to sound dumb, but I searched and couldn't find anything on a Headlight Wiring Upgrade. What am I missing to find this thread? Is it even a thread?

whitey

Reaction score
anyone have a link to the upgrade kit? sounds like an interesting "smaller" project i can do while i reload on cash for my next project. i hate my headlights.

Last edited by a moderator:

wtfdissux

Reaction score
here is another how to for the wiring

http://ford.off-road.com/ford/article/arti...jsp?id=198401#1

and like was mentioned the cold intake sucks (pardon the pun) in buffalo winter tho this year no real snow since october but if you do a search on this site some one did do a write up on one about a year ago i tried it with good results but put back to stock when temps start falling

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo