truck blowing smoke when out on long drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lump1713

Reaction score
i noticed that my truck is blowing i guess it woiuld be white smoke only when i'm out on a long drive. i'm not burning any oil. and it also smokes from passenger side under the hood by the tranny dipstick. friday i had a hose spraying antifreeze all over the place. would this have anything to do with it? is it possible that i could have bad gas?

broncobob58

Reaction score
i noticed that my truck is blowing i guess it woiuld be white smoke only when i'm out on a long drive. i'm not burning any oil. and it also smokes from passenger side under the hood by the tranny dipstick. friday i had a hose spraying antifreeze all over the place. would this have anything to do with it? is it possible that i could have bad gas?
It sounds like an oil leak,If it doesn't smell like antifreeze it is more than likely an oil leak from the valve covers or possibly the lower intake.The valve cover gaskets usually dry out and leak over time.This is very common and when your driving the oil comes out and runs down the block and drips onto the exhaust causing smoke.If it is a bad oil leak you can usually see where it is coming from underneath.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar