battery tender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1982 bronco lifter

Reaction score
i was wondering if the battery tender is a good product because my broncos battery won't stay charged so i was curious (think altanator is going bad is there a way you can test the battery)

Last edited by a moderator:

swampthing

Reaction score
local parts store should have a machine to test it you just have to take it in to them

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
One way to test the alternator is to turn the truck on, using a voltmeter (digital is best) test to see how many volts the batery is getting. It should be ariund 13-14.50 if the alternator is charging. 12.50 when the vehicle is off.

BRONCOGRL911

Reaction score
I agree with firelt90bronco. When I have customers come in to the my store we have a battery tester that I run out to the vehicle with. While the vehicle is running I usually get about anywhere at 14.65 . When they shut the vehicle off I get a reading of 12 volts.Then with the tester I put a load it should only drop alittle then recover in the twelves. If it drops pass twelve like into the tens or lower then you may have a dead cell somewhere in the battery.

Yardape

Reaction score
The fastest easiest way to test your alternator is start your truck, unhook one of the battery terminals, best to remove the negative to be safe. If the truck shuts off then your on your way to get a new alternator. If it stays running then its a problem somewhere else, whether its battery or a power drain some place else, but that has to be diagnosed from your end.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke