where is my vehicle speed sensor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lump1713

Reaction score
can somebody tell me where my vehicle speed sensor is? I have no speedometer and my transmission wont upshift unless i slide it in neutral and put it back in drive. I was told its the speed sensor and i can not find it unless i'm missing it. i already replace my rear abs sensor too.

steechfinger

Reaction score
its on your rear axle its like dead center on the top part of itjust look for the wire going to the axle and youl find it it might be all gunked so you may need to scrape that shit off but its there

OP
OP
L

Lump1713

Reaction score
can somebody tell me where my vehicle speed sensor is? I have no speedometer and my transmission wont upshift unless i slide it in neutral and put it back in drive. I was told its the speed sensor and i can not find it unless i'm missing it. i already replace my rear abs sensor too.
thats my rear wheel abs sensor. i already changed it unless there are 2 sensor in my rear axle???

mbtech2003

Reaction score
i think that the 92 has a speed sensor on the transmission itself or transfer case. others might know more but i think only the 95 and up bronks use the rear abs sensor... older 94 down use the other one on the transmission with the E4OD

OP
OP
L

Lump1713

Reaction score
well i just went to the ford dealership and they said I didn't have a speed sensor so I really dont know. I look on the transmission and the transfer case and I couldn't find it. So I'm gonna replace the abs sensor again and hopinbg that might be it. Isn't there a sensor ring inside the differential for the abs sensor? I'm running out of ideas and I can't afford Ford's labor rate of $65/hr just to find out the problem.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
If your truck is a 92 and has the E4OD tranny then the speed sensor is inside the tranny . Alot of times the 2 electrical connections I think thye are on the drivers side by the shift lever on the tranny one black and one grey get some corrosion on them and dont pass signals like they should . You can try taking them off and cleaning them just be careful of the retaining tabs so you dont break them there pretty brittle from the start . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo