FAQ's topic - suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
"The moderating team at Bronco Zone is working on a frequently asked questions (FAQ's) post, to organize some of the more common problems that Bronco owners have, over the next few weeks. There's already several pinned topics scattered among the various forums that just need to be organzed into a central topic.

Give us some ideas on what you would like to see in this topic. Many of the members have vast knowledge on specific systems such as electrical, suspension, and drivetrain. To start off, Seabronc and I have replied to many posts on 1) tire sizes for stock Broncos, 2) rear window problems, 3)electric 4WD not working..." JSM84

Seabronc

Reaction score
Right, and not all symptoms have the same solution. So you can also contribute by attaching a followup post to your original topic when you find the fix for a problem. That way when someone has a similar problem they have someplace to start without having to wait for a response to their help request.

Even if the solution is possibly in one of the FAQs we won't be treating someone like an idiot if they failed to search through the FAQs before posting a question. A simple redirect to the item via a link will do. After all, what we have posted may not fix their problem. I've also have come to realize that search facilities are not all that great. I don't know how many times I've searched for something I know for fact is in the forum but had the search function come up with no hits.

:)>-

bathesda49008

Reaction score
"The moderating team at Bronco Zone is working on a frequently asked questions (FAQ's) post, to organize some of the more common problems that Bronco owners have, over the next few weeks. There's already several pinned topics scattered among the various forums that just need to be organzed into a central topic.
Give us some ideas on what you would like to see in this topic. Many of the members have vast knowledge on specific systems such as electrical, suspension, and drivetrain. To start off, Seabronc and I have replied to many posts on 1) tire sizes for stock Broncos, 2) rear window problems, 3)electric 4WD not working..." JSM84

Is there any special way to seat the rear wheel bearing on a 1979 Bronco. My axels seem to not seat well into the differential and in 2 wheel all I get is a gear grinding noise from the rear end seems to come from the passanger side the drivers side went somewhat easier.

pinson27

Reaction score
Im fairly new to the site,and am wondering what "pinned" means?

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
"Pinned" or "Sticky" means the topic is always listed first or ahead of new posts, so it doesn't get moved back from the front page of the forum section. That way, whe nyou enter that section, the first thing you see are the pinned topics.

I now have my new Dell computer and high-speed internet, so will be working on the FAQ topics soon, JSM84

mudbronco

Reaction score
hey guys, i just bought a bronco, thats why i came to this site cuz i want to keep it(i got it for free and all it needed was a new transmission, the problem was it would only go in reverse so we finally narrowed i down to the tranny) anyway its an 83 ford bronco xlt with a 302 engine, v8 automatic..i do have a minor problem with it right now though, its havin trouble startin, i was gettin that ZZZZZZ sound you know, we thought it was a loose battery cuz sometimes it would make the sound then sometimes it would start when we wiggled around with it, and to be honest, i dont know **** so i only really know what my mechanic friends said, starter relay or somethin like that...but the what i wanted to ask is if its possible to convert to a diesel engine, at a reasonable cost of course, i dont want to have to replace nearly everything just to have a diesel engine, and i have no idea how it really works so input would be helpful, otherwise i think im gonna just keep the bronco the way it is and buy a diesel truck if its easier

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
mudbronco, welcome to Bronco Zone. Try re-posting your question in the 80-96 Bronco forum, so you'll get more replies. Or I'll move it for you if you want ( without the profanity). A diesle engine swap would not be very practical for the Bronco, in my opinion. JSM84

MDDYATV

Reaction score
what about a sticky on abreviations. I see people puting stuff like 86 EB which means to me an early bronco not an 86. and TPS and allot of others. I think it would be helpfull for all. especially newbies.

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I agree with that idea. There are a few stickies already, including the EB and SAS. But I think it would help to consolidate those into one (except the SAS).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke