Paint Camouflage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cottonland

cottonland
Reaction score
I am thinking of painting my Bronco using some camouflage stencils. Has anybody done this or would anyone know how hard it would be to do?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The previous owner of my 86 Bronco did a camo paint job on the Bronco, since he was a hunting guide. The 86 was originally white, so he spent about $65 on rattle can paiint in green, brown and black. NAturally, the paint peeled and chipped within a season of hunting, even on the hardtop. Most of the white was visible within 6 months.

I think a camo paint job is a great idea, but use quality paint applied with a spray gun if you want it to last a few years. The main idea is to break up any lines in the body with the colors, and cover all chrome items like the bumpers and mirrors. Paint will not stick to chrome unless you sand/scuff the metal first.

AS far as a pattern, any kind of irregular shapes will work. Buy a pair of camo pants or a shirt, or you can download some of the miltary camo patterns from the internet.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I've seen it done and if you don't do it correctly, it'll turn out bad. Here is the one my friend Chris did on his 1990.

bronco_06_30_06.jpg

mini_bronco_6lift6.jpg

bronco_pose_003.jpg

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
That is a sweet truck, not really diggin that style of camo, but I do think I will paint my camo next summer, but first I am going to entirely rhino-line the exterior, no washing, no waxing, no worries.

OP
OP
C

cottonland

cottonland
Reaction score
That is a sweet truck, not really diggin that style of camo, but I do think I will paint my camo next summer, but first I am going to entirely rhino-line the exterior, no washing, no waxing, no worries.
Had not thought about that.... Good idea though. Will look into that some more before deciding on the camo pattern I will use. Have a friend that took his Bronco to War Eagle boats and had them paint it a couple of years ago. Looks very good, but they painted their logo on each side of the vehicle. Friend was not pleased about that considering it set him back $1,100 for the paint job.

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
i was looking at a page of camo paint jobs on pirate 4x4 and there was a truck with a snow camo paint job and it looked sweeeeet!! (white brown gray). if i find it agian ill post it.

Lawless

Reaction score
Off topic but i was wondering where he ordered those the clear front turn signal lenses from

i have looked all over

local and web

and have had no luck.

any info be appreciated

i have a 88 302 XLT

Last edited by a moderator:

Billings Lee

Billings Lee
Reaction score
Not sure if these are the right ones but they look like it even though they say 92-96 but the 92-96 are slim and under the head light

Click here

dont buy those just cause they look like it to contact the seller to clear it up cuase i dont want to be reasponsable

Yardape

Reaction score
Off topic but i was wondering where he ordered those the clear front turn signal lenses from

i have looked all over

local and web

and have had no luck.

any info be appreciated

i have a 88 302 XLT
I have seen many of these headlights and taillights on e-bay constantly

Justbust1n

Reaction score
sure have instead of going with everyone elses color sceme get some leaves off a couple tree and just go around it check mine out

OJgetaway

Reaction score
I'm a custom painter and believe it or not the camo(if done right) can be one of the trickiest jobs. To get your paint to stick around for more than a hunting season its all about the prep work. sanding or even priming then sanding the truck is a must. A lot of guys don't want that high gloss shine that most automotive clears give,but there are alternatives. there ''flat''clears and the new thing is satin clears( these look really sweet with a camo scheme. As far as the pattern, there's as many camo prints as there are colors to do it in. Just do your research before shooting the paint!

seawalkersee

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing mine in camo too. I saw a scheme where the marines did a helocoptor with the shilouettes of ***** women on it. I looked really good because it was like a subliminal message. You really had to look to see it. Het fire guy, what is the house vent for on your buddies rig?

Chris

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing mine in camo too. I saw a scheme where the marines did a helocoptor with the shilouettes of ***** women on it. I looked really good because it was like a subliminal message. You really had to look to see it. Het fire guy, what is the house vent for on your buddies rig?

Chris

probably a cold air intake.

noahsdad

Reaction score
I never thought much of the camo paint job but after seeing Fire's friends ride that thing looks sharp I might have to try and convince the wife to let me go with that paint job. Regardless it is being painted in the springs just got to figure out the colors

MasterBiss

Reaction score
i painted my first bronco (90) camo after i smashed the front end and got a different color nose clip... i just used spray paint (auto zone sells flat camo colors). i did the whole truck base coat dark green (took about 10 cans), then cut out random shapes out of newspaper, taped it to the truck, and filled in the cutout with different colors. its actually pretty fun, i made a bunch of different shapes as jokes to my friends. i wish i had pictures of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke