alignment????????????????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rdbrnc96

Reaction score
i know this may sound wierd but i am deployed overseas and if i was home i would have an idea of what my wife is talking about. i have a 1996 xlt bronco with a 351w. the problem i am havng described by my wife is when the speed reaches 55 mph it shakes really bad thought she had a blow out it shook so bad stopped on the interstate and checked. before that she said she smelled something burning i dont know what this could be i had the recalls fixed and i had both ball joints replaced and the back brakes replaced brand new from the dealership. the ball joints are tricky on the 1996 takes like three four hours a side right and they have to do alignment when they finish anyways right so that is why i rule out the alignment i know she didnt do anything drastic like run over a cow she only drove it twice after the new parts where installed. maybe someone might have had the same problem please if you could reply i am kinda worried about my trck and my wife. more the truck lol jk.

whitey

Reaction score
i had this thing happen on 2 different trucks.

one a 71 chevy fullsize PU (yuck) i was driving for a job i had as a kid. it was wheel bearings. tires blew repeatedly before we figured out the problem

two my old 96 F150 xlt ujoints. when the joint snapped driveshaft fell, caught the highway pavement in a strange way, buckled and shot through the cab floor. close call. my fault low funds being in school and i knew it was going.

dont know if that would be the problems but without being in the truck it's hard to tell if it's a bearing or driveshaft issue.

SLICKS92BRONCO

Reaction score
i know this may sound wierd but i am deployed overseas and if i was home i would have an idea of what my wife is talking about. i have a 1996 xlt bronco with a 351w. the problem i am havng described by my wife is when the speed reaches 55 mph it shakes really bad thought she had a blow out it shook so bad stopped on the interstate and checked. before that she said she smelled something burning i dont know what this could be i had the recalls fixed and i had both ball joints replaced and the back brakes replaced brand new from the dealership. the ball joints are tricky on the 1996 takes like three four hours a side right and they have to do alignment when they finish anyways right so that is why i rule out the alignment i know she didnt do anything drastic like run over a cow she only drove it twice after the new parts where installed. maybe someone might have had the same problem please if you could reply i am kinda worried about my trck and my wife. more the truck lol jk.
It sounds like the driveshaft is out of balance. Ive had two trucks that have done this. Does it stop after she reaches a certain speed. I had a truck that vibrated bad until it got to a certain speed then it would stop, but eventually the driveshaft broke loose, but I found out the hardway. I have a 92 bronco and the driveshaft lost a

weight on the driveshaft and it would vibrate. The late model Broncos have a two piece driveshaft and they have bearings mine were gone because of the out of balance. Take it to a driveshaft shop and have them balance the driveshaft If it were me I would also have them overhaul it. Hope that helps

KJEfting

Reaction score
It COULD be a number of different problems. I'll list a few common things that may cause the shakes.

1. Tires out of balance.

2. Worn/damaged tires.

3. Wheel bearings.

4. Warped brake rotors.

5. Worn/damaged U-Joints.

I would definately check out the tires and get them balanced first. It'll only run you about $20 tops to get them balanced. Often times, a counterweight will fall off and throw a tire out of whack and make it vibrate. Good Luck.

-Ken

Cucamongan

Reaction score
another possibility is a tire starting to separate, will blow out it not replaced asap. Tire dealers will inspect for free and will tell you whats up, especially while balancing.

...something taught twice in lessons of life....

viper

Reaction score
If your Bronco has been sitting instead of being used they start acting kinda like a woman and get cramps in their calipers, then you're in for it! The burning smell, that was your brake pucks cooking. If not driven much the pistons in the caliper can seize. new pads & calipers at

O'riellys make it a pretty painless fix

Big Country

Reaction score
i see the most of the question has been answered. i just want to say thank you for what you are doing overseas. I don't know how you feel about it but i am proud of all the soldiers that are fighting for us. God bless you!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo