wheel spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
I tried to save some money on my Bronco build by using the aluminum wheels off of my old 1/2 ton. 7.5 in wide with 4 in backspacing. I had to go with 33X10.50 instead of 33X12.50 (brand new set of 5 BFG's). I knew this wasn't going to be ideal, but now that I have this I'm stuck with it for awhile. If I could space my wheels out 1.5 inches, this would be a quick fix. Has anybody had luck with this, or is this going to be prone to breakage?

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
I run 1.5" wheel spacers and thats the min thickness you want, 2" being ideal for strength. I used 1.5" due to my rear D70 axle being narrower than my HPD60 front axle.

I've heard they hold up fine but you only run 5 lugs VS 8 that I run.

If I were you I'd replace the wheel studs with 9/16" or 5/8" too beef it up before you add the spacers just for reasurance.

OP
OP
W

walkercreekbronco

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll probably try to keep the 1/2 studs for now, take it easy for a while and check everything out.

Cucamongan

Reaction score
I just bought a set of 1.5" spacers of eBay for $50 (total was $66) for my '90 Bronco with 33x12.5's. The spacers are made out of 6061 T6 Aluminum, tough stuff!

I will install them soon, as my brother is now driving it now, since he wrecked his car.

I will reply on how I like them or if i can break them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar