Single to Dual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White90Bronco

Reaction score
I have a 1990 Fullsize w/ the single shock towers up front. I want to replace them w/ some dual towers off a similar Bronco? How hard would this be? Is it a weekend project or take it to a shop and let someone who really knows do it?

steechfinger

Reaction score
im not sure if there are bolts or rivits if its bolts it should be a breaze if it rivits your gonna have to drill or grind them out. and you need the radius arm shock bracket to mount the bottom rear of the shock and i believe thats it btu likt i said rivits are a butch well for me they are but it can be done

bluesman17

Spam Terminator
Reaction score
Any reason you want the quad setup? A lot of people around here with broncos end up with a regular 4 shock set up (leave 2 out in the front)

OP
OP
W

White90Bronco

Reaction score
Well I figured more shocks=better ride on and off road. Other than that no real reason.

Big Country

Reaction score
i don't think it would make that much of a difference but it won't do any bad either so if you are up for it why not.

whitey

Reaction score
i have duals and i'm going to replace all 6- i just figure if that's the way they built it- that's the way i'll keep it. but if i had singles i would probably keep it that way too.

i mean it may not be hard to do but - 1- i'm kind of **** about trying to stay as stock as possible but i will make certain mods as time goes on i'm sure- i would like a 2 inch lift eventually, a cat back dual, a push bar and a soft top- other than that i THINK i am going to stay pretty much stock. and -2- maybe most importantly i'm always worried about creating another problem that doesn't exist in an ongoing restoration. and obviously there can be enough problems doing a restoration. once i've got my beast totally done and reliable then i will go back and do a few small mods like a lift.

anyhow, what are the differences between a dual shock bronco and a single shock system? because i could swear when i see another bronco (haven't REALLY looked at my suspension yet)- mine sits higher than some other broncos i see in the same (1990xlt 302) age range as mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigtrux

Reaction score
MY THEORY IS AN OLD ONE IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T F@CK WITH IT !! CUZ THEN IT WILL BREAK..

88pimpin

Postwhore, Pimpin Ain't Easy
Reaction score
My suspension is a little stiffer. Hits hard going over speed bumps with the Ranchos. You should be fine with single.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sf66