OEM Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harleydeen98258

Reaction score
I have an '88 Bronco XLT and since my rig was broken into and the radio I had was jacked I have since decided that I'm going to locate a factory AM/FM CD stereo for my bronco and leave it at that. What I'm finding out though is I can't figure out what oem radios I can put into this thing. Does anyone know what stereos were available in 1988 or what vehicle years I can put into my bronco? I'm also going to have to buy the factory wiring harness for the radio, but I don't know what constitutes a standard sound vs. premium sound, any suggestions?

Thanks,

mbtech2003

Reaction score
i don't think your gonna find an oem cd stereo. not back in 88 that is. save your self a lot of problems and get a install kit and a pinoeer deck it will sound better anyway then any factory deck for a 88

lawman212

Reaction score
<)
I have a 1989 Bronco and my factory radio burned out last week. I pulled it out and yes it smelled burnt. It only had two plugs on the back one black and one gray plus the Ant. hook up. I was going to get a kit to plug into my Bronco's wiring and pick up a cheap CD AM/FM radio at Walmart. But I couldn't find a plug kit and didn't want to spend the time chasing down the specker/power wires. So I went to the Junk Yard and pulled the same radio out of a 1996 Ford Van.

It took me three tries pulling radios to find one that worked looking at trucks and vans around the same year. After that I started looking at newer years and came across the 1996 Van it works great but it sucks not having a CD player but I do have a portable CD Player that I plug into the cassett player old school. I would rather have a newer Radio CD Player but I can't find a store that sells the kit to hook up a 1989 Ford wiring harness lots of imports. GMC, Chevy the same year but not my Ford whats up with that crap!!!

The point in all this is if you still have those two plugs in your dash it's not hard if you can find the right wirning kit or go back to the factory radio if you still have the plugs.

If someone knows a part store or other store that sells the wiring kit please let me know so I don't have to lug around my sons portable CD Player he's looking for it.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke