Truck is running like sh*t today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
I started my bronco today and everyhting was fine until the rpms dropped and the battery guage did as well. It felt like it was gonna sh*t out. What do you think is wrong,its got a 302 by the way.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
start with basic checks wires fluid etc. maybe pull the iac and egr off and clean out mine did that for about 6 months cleaned them and replace ALL ignition components and now runs like a ***** ape again

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Fireman,

What did it do EXACTLY? I mean, were you driving it, or was it idling? If it's been running fine lately, and then all of the sudden it stalls or dies on you, maybe we can narrow it down from there.

Snowman74 :)>-

wtfdissux

Reaction score
now that you say that I gotta agree when I posted my first response was under the impression that you started it up and when the initial idle drop occurred it went nutty that being said how old is fuel filter would not be the first time I saw on "all of the sudden" plug to the unrunnable point

and for that matter with your freak show neighbors, is foul play suspected since you can now be included into the bunch as the weird guy sneaking up and taking pictures of "the lawnmower man"

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Hey, everybody wanted to see pics of that guy. The truck is running fine now and my neighbors don't have the balls to mess with my trucks. I have more weapons than a small army.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
how bad is the weather out your way we got tornado warnings tonight and i am in buffalo ny might as well go to kansas at least the winters arent as bad

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Heat index was likw 115 degrees, they had us open up some hydrants to help cool people off, we had to let people hang out in our firehouse (some stuff was stolen). It sucked yesterday.

snowman74

Get in, Sit Down, Shut Up, Hang On!
Reaction score
Heat index was likw 115 degrees, they had us open up some hydrants to help cool people off, we had to let people hang out in our firehouse (some stuff was stolen). It sucked yesterday.

I just can't get my head around the idea that people would treat firemen that way. Every time I meet a fireman, police officer or soldier, I tell them thank you. I guess it's a little different here in Oklahoma. Our state has always been a friendly, wave at your neighbor, help people on the side of the road, donate to the cause kind of state.

Unfortunately, things are taking a turn. Crime is up, considerably. I think people all over are just becoming more aggressive, mean-spirited and downright rude and dishonest. Kinda makes me want to build up a beast of a Bronco, grab a few chainsaws and Coleman lanterns, some blankets...and go homestead in Alaska as far away from civilization as I can. But, then, I wouldn't have electricity, and I couldn't talk with my Broncozone buddies.

Snowman74 :)>-

beefy85

Reaction score
how is it that we allways in up changin the topic....ever forum we start ends up talkin bout somethin else and the majority of the time its about firelt's neighbor lol

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Okay, my truck is running fine now, must have been a glitch that day. Is that better Beefy?

OP
OP
F

firelt90bronco

Ask me about my job
Reaction score
Good
cheers.gif

wtfdissux

Reaction score
the garage i work for services all forms of law enforcement ny attorney general railroad cops town federal as well as state and county and several other goverment agencys and they are always surprised thet they are given the level of courtesy that we extend to them because we know that we may very well need them and have in the past

but my perspective comes from growing up an army brat (my father finished boot camp four days after i was born and was in for 32 years ) after seeing my dad sit on a runway with full pack-out waiting for the call to lift off sometimes after 3 days they could go home or driving him up to watertown or some other storm rescue just because uncle sam said so kinda makes it a part of what i am

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke