Got the Doors Off!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dudz40vt

Reaction score
Probably nothing for now, apparently its supposed to storm tonight so I'm going to have to put them back on in a few hours butttt I just wanted to see if I could do it.

In the future ill probally add some cheap side mirrors and maybe get a safety net or something of the sort. Anyone know where I can get some? I looked around breifly online and didnt see anything..?

you da man!

going to add safety netting or half doors out of canvas or go au natriel?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!! I am doing the same mod to my 84, and working on building some half-doors for those parks that require them. I have a rollcage with the door braces installed, but they are mounted along the seat line for ease of entry, so only the 5-point harness will keep you inside the rig. When 4wheeling, I'm old school and like to hang out the window to see where my front tire is going. Removing the doors is the best option, but you need some protection in case of a partial or full roll over. If you grab the roof of the cab, your fingers or left hand will get crushed. You can buy a window net that mounts to the stock door, which is advised for mud racing. But if you're just crawling slowly along a trail, the net gets in the way of vision. A tube door version seems to be a good option, and Miesk5 has some links to those on his website. I'd love to see what you come up with for a rear-view mirror or side mirror. You can mount the big ones to the A-pillar or fender, but they can catch on trees or other junk o nthe trail. JSM84

finkeralfl

Reaction score
do you have p/l and p/w cause I do and I tried to take mine off...what a pain in th a$$. I gave up after about an hour of tugging on the wire connectors...almost cut the stupid wires, but I decided I would probably get pretty mad at myself for doing that when I wanted to roll down the window

OP
OP
D

Dudz40vt

Reaction score
Ya I have p/l and p/w, the damn wire connectors were the biggest pain but eventually I got them off. On a couple of them broke the plastic snap or casing some but oh well, no big deal, they still push together and stay fine

do you have p/l and p/w cause I do and I tried to take mine off...what a pain in th a$$. I gave up after about an hour of tugging on the wire connectors...almost cut the stupid wires, but I decided I would probably get pretty mad at myself for doing that when I wanted to roll down the window

WileE7

Reaction score
what did you do with your doors ive got a huge dent in my passenger door i'll buy yours if your willing to sell it

Swat

Reaction score
Drill out the hinge pins from the bottom. Use bolts or pins from a hardware store to replace them. That way you can put them on and take them off without unbolting and aligning them each time. Notice the mirrors mounted in front of the doors? You can add an extention to enable you to fold them back for a good view.

I cut my doors out and had skins made. Now I am boat-siding it and am getting rid of the doors (keeping the vinyl skins to snap over the door openings).

Chinamans%20Gulch%2011-13-2005%20134.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Swat

Reaction score

A little silicone spray may lossen those connectors some, use it like pentrating oil. Oh ya!, Mr obvious asked if you released the catches before tugging?

Doorless is cool if yo can keep the insides inside.

wtfdissux

Reaction score
my wife would have my nuts in a basket on the mantle but it looks good i would suggest trying wireless door jamb conoectors LMC has them for 40 per side but you dont have to play with the connectors when the doors go on or off

CraZAg

Reaction score
Man, your bronc looks like a clone of my bronc... except mine has less paint and more dents. I took the doors and top off of mine the other day. It's a lot of fun. Is it illegal to drive around without the side mirrors? I've been wondering that ever since I took it for a spin and realized the mirrors were attached to the doors. Take care, Jeff

OP
OP
D

Dudz40vt

Reaction score
Hey to the last two questions

6" lift, 35" tires, purty standard

&

I'm from virginia and every county seems to have different laws but down at school in southwest va in blacksburg the cops didnt seeeeeeem to mind no mirrors even though it is technically illegal. I was going to get a pair to bolt on if I kept the doors off but I ended putting the doors back on for rain and it's just really a pain to get them on and off. I was thinking bout drilling through the hinges and putting bolts in to make it easier to take on and off but just have never got around to it

Duds40vt, what supension hieght and tire size are you running in your picture?

I like the looks of your bronco...

Thanks

kracken

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Where are the wiring disconnects located?

OP
OP
D

Dudz40vt

Reaction score
You just take off the plastic pannels next to your feet and the pw/pl disconnects are in there. Mine where really a pain in the ass to dissconnect though and i ended up breaking the plastic clips on all of them but whatever you just stick them back together and its fine.

Drilling is the way to go though because unbolting them makes it really hard to put the doors back on and realign them especially if your by yourself.

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Where are the wiring disconnects located?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno