Is this right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoghappy

Reaction score
IMAG0002_edited.JPGIMAG0001_1_edited.JPGCan someone tell me if this is the way a bronco is supposed to stand. I'm new to this but this seems a little too much camber to me!

Thanks

Robert

mbtech2003

Reaction score
two things. first check your balljoints in your front end. put a jack under the axle and jack it up till the tire is off the ground. then wiggle the tire up and down. have a buddy check and see if their is any play in them.

if their ok then most lickly your front springs are worn, or in my case my right front had snaped. and that is y mine sagged.

let us know what u find :)>-

ps. also make sure your shocks are good

Last edited by a moderator:

Seabronc

Reaction score
NOPE!!!, you got front end problems. They should be strait up. Take it to a shop.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
hoghappy

hoghappy

Reaction score
Salvaged_Pictures_Disk3_001.jpgSalvaged_Pictures_Disk3_002.jpgThanks for the help. I hope to be a help to others down the road. I just ran it up to the shop. It was already scheduled for a right side exhaust manifold replacement due to the infamous crack. Not something I want to tackle after looking at it. Those bolts have 215,000 on them. I sprayed them last night and again today with WD-40...hope that helps.

But...this is strange...the camber in the front wheels strangely went from camber out at the bottom as in the pics, to camber in at the bottom, after I drove it down the street. I have never seen such a thing.

Anyway I should know the verdict soon. I love this bronco and plan to get her back in A1 condition.

Oh here is a pic of my daily driver...Can I show a Chevy here...lol. I wish the bronco had the muscle this thing does. 94 9C1 crusier. ram air, chip and a lot of miles but is VERY STRONG. Shifts into 4th@118mph tops out at 130. Had it for the last 5 years. I get a lot of respect on the interstate for some reason :rolleyes:

Robert

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
View attachment 2779View attachment 2780Thanks for the help. I hope to be a help to others down the road. I just ran it up to the shop. It was already scheduled for a right side exhaust manifold replacement due to the infamous crack. Not something I want to tackle after looking at it. Those bolts have 215,000 on them. I sprayed them last night and again today with WD-40...hope that helps.

Robert
Don't let that scare you....I replaced mine with headers recently on my 84..still had that stupid infamous crack/broken completely in half manifold on the right side. PB Blaster on them overnight and every single bolt came out like it was greased. Man what an easy job.

Rick in Orlando

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I know the feeling about the Caprice, I had one and it was great on the highway but sometimes it sucked in the city. If I was in a hurry everyone around me would do the speed limit and slow me down.

mbtech2003

Reaction score
Don't let that scare you....I replaced mine with headers recently on my 84..still had that stupid infamous crack/broken completely in half manifold on the right side. PB Blaster on them overnight and every single bolt came out like it was greased. Man what an easy job.

Rick in Orlando
hmmm u got lucky when i did my headers 6 bolts broke...... yes i did use pb. luckly i had the engine out of the truck anyway. i took the heads off and brought them into my shop to replace them. i also had one intake bolt that snaped. my local machine shop took care of that one though. 60 bucks later and a hele-coil <_<

ocalabronco

Reaction score
gotta love that TTB. like MBtech said, check the condition of your balljoints and wheel bearings. also look at the condition of your axle pivot bushings at the ends of the TTB beams. if those are worn, they will cause some camber issues.

OP
OP
hoghappy

hoghappy

Reaction score
Well...3 weeks later the verdict is in!

First I had a bad left lower ball joint and the other side had very little play, but I replaced em both.

Next the both radius arm bushings were shot...replaced.

Then off to then alignment shop...had to replace the left side camber bushing.

I took it for a ride and it was pulling to the left....so...after making them recheck everything we decided to rotate and balance...that fixed it. Now the suspension is nice and tight and good to go.

While all this was just a after thought, the real reson for the shop visit was the right side exhaust leak which was originally thought to be a cracked manifold. It turned out to be a warped manifold. It would have cost as much to plane smooth again as a replacement so it was replaced along with egr tube... etc. Although I had soaked the bolts for two days, the mechanic torched and still broke 3 bolts off into the head....one was the one that takes a 90 degree angle drill to get to. No charge for bolt drilling. That is exactly why I didn't fool with it. 215,000 miles...I said " DON"T THINK SO!"

So...$1300.00 later...I am good to go....ouch!

On the plus side....both shops said this is a great truck, in great condition and has never been wrecked with no rust and amazingly don't leak a drop of anything.

I be happy <)

I took a couple of pics yesterday.

Bronco00002resized.bmpBronco_00001resized.bmp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo