Bronco Color N Topper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudn78

Reaction score
Ok i got 2 questions, ive been looking but cant find any info on this. 1st is, im looking for a hardtop for a 78 bronco, does any other years tops fit the 78/79, or is there any company that makes em. 2nd is im going to be painting my air cleaner and carb to match my paint, my paint job was done before i bought the truck, but i know its a stock ford color, (its green), is there any site out there that has ford paints that i can look at and try and match it up? thanks

4xfan78

Reaction score
Ok i got 2 questions, ive been looking but cant find any info on this. 1st is, im looking for a hardtop for a 78 bronco, does any other years tops fit the 78/79, or is there any company that makes em. 2nd is im going to be painting my air cleaner and carb to match my paint, my paint job was done before i bought the truck, but i know its a stock ford color, (its green), is there any site out there that has ford paints that i can look at and try and match it up? thanks
As far as the top, only 78-79 tops will fit. The rear window on 80 & up was different.

OP
OP
M

Mudn78

Reaction score
As far as the top, only 78-79 tops will fit. The rear window on 80 & up was different.
ya thats what i thought, sum guy on ebay had a top from a 82 and he was sayin it fit 78-85 or something, didnt seem right to me, thanks alot!

BASE861

The Big Nothin'
Reaction score
ya thats what i thought, sum guy on ebay had a top from a 82 and he was sayin it fit 78-85 or something, didnt seem right to me, thanks alot!
I learned the hard way that the tops aren't the same. I busted my back window on an excursion once and bought a window for an 80-95. The top itself will fit but you have to go to the '80 and up rear window, it will mount to a 78-79 mechanism.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Tailgate Swapping info by MRM

http://www.medicine.wisc.edu/~mrm/bronco/

quote;

"Amazingly throughout the number of body style changes from '78 through '96, the tailgate remained nearly the same. You can swap tailgates between all of these years taking note of the following:

I've broken down the 3 major changes into their respective years.

78 - 79 Type A

80 - 82 Type B

83 - 96 Type C

If your swapping within the same "type" it's just a direct swap.

If swapping A & B you have to switch the glass and glass support brackets

If swapping B & C you have to switch latches and striker plates

If swapping A & C you have to switch the glass, glass support brackets, latches & striker plates. "

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar