what motor in 84 bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84broncobadass

Reaction score
i recently bought a 84 bronco i was wonderin what motor might be in it. and wat is the horsepower.

OP
OP

84broncobadass

Reaction score
i was also wonderin how can i tell wat size rear and front axle do i have thank you

Big_Ford_Bronco48

Reaction score
They should be a tag under the hood that says what size motor it has then i can tell what u have for Power...

your friend

jason

Picture_011.jpg

hms79

Reaction score
Your 1984 Bronco had 3 engines choices: 300 inline 6cylinder, 302 V8, or 351 High Output V8 with a 4bbl carb. The 351 should have an air cleaner stating "5.8L 4V H.O." At least the one I used to have did. I am not very familiar with horses, never have cared all that much about it. I have always been more worried about transfer cases and tire sizes. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone > . Post some pictures of your truck when you get a chance. We'd like to :-B it.

If it has never been modified the vin # can be decoded to indicate what engine it was shipped with. Broncos were shipped with three different engine a 300 CID I6, a 302 CID Winchester V8 or a 351 CID Winchester V8. The 8th character codes Y, F, G or H Y=300-1V (single barrel); F=302W-2V (2barrel), G=351W-2V(2barrel), H=351W-4V (4 barrel). Also, the emissions sticker on the right side of the radiator supposrt tells what engine it is for under the vacuum diagram.

If you look on the safety compliance sticker which is locatd on the right side rear door post there is an axle code on the bottom line. Being an 84 it most likely a Ford 8.8 and probably shipped with a 3.55:1 gear ratio. It is also listed on a tag attached to one of the differential bolts. Look it up and list it in this thread anw we can decode it fo you.

Good luck,

:)>-

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
I have a ford engine specs chart if anyone wants it. It is on my other computer and I will try to remember to upload it. It has hp tq and even weights of ford truck engines up to 96.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke