Long time no see

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
Well, I dont know if anyone remembers me here, I havent posted in 2+ years, but I had a rather exciting day in the Bronco that inspired me the check in on the forum.

I got a call from one of my friends, who has an '05 silverado 4x4 5.3L vortec. He told me that he needed my help to get someone else stuck from the mud. The were in a power line right of way, with an 06 Land Rover LR3 V8 HSE that was buried up to the frame. Already there was a S-10 ZX2 supercharged with AT's. I just have AT's that need replacing, so I find a good line and power back to the LR3 right behind the Silverado. Right as I am getting on to solid ground, Pop goes my drivers side auto hub. Great I now have 2wd in a mud pit with All Terrains that are worn. Luckily, there were some conviently located power poles to winch out with a come-along. The S-10 went to get closer to the LR3, and got stuck. We winched it out from my truck, and then another buddy arived with a '78 scout with Mud Terrains. I still had a 200 ft mud pit to go through, so I hooked up the towstrap to the scout, and got out easily. The scout pulled on the LR3 for half an hour before the tow company was called. The owner of the tow company has a 06 F-250 Powerstroke with a 4" skyjacker lift and 35" mud terrains. After about 1 hour and $350 worth of tugging later, the LR3 was freed.

Well, I'm going to get some locking hubs (Warn?). As well as some new tires and wheels. A little farther in the future, I will try to get an Edelbrock EFI setup (400hp+) and Overdrive Transmission.

I will try to post some pics, but the are all stuck on my phone for now.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome back Hawk > , we sure do remember you. Good to hear from you again and looking forward to your pictures.

Good luck,

:)>-

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Welcome back, Hawk!!! Interesting story, and those auto hubs usually fail when you need them the most!!!

OP
OP
H

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
I am going to order the hubs this week, and rebuild the C6 tranny too in the near future. The truck doesnt get may miles at all because it is the backup backup car, and gets driven about once every week. It has been working hard over the last few years, so it is time for a break. The C6 has about 152k miles on it, so it is getting a little long in the tooth. The engine has about 30k on it though. Is there a fairly easy Over Drive transmission swap that is good for my truck. 86 351w **. I need a good transmission for light towing and the very ocassional wheeling that is mostly mud, so I dont need an overbilt transmission or anything special. Just something durable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo