Possible New Forum Layout!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We are now getting over 500 visitors daily and just today we got 50+ new posts on the forums so things are really taking off! We have big plans and should be adding a ton of new features in the next few weeks. Here is what I need to know...

Does everyone like the current forum layout with different category groups for the different year spans (66-77, 78-79, 80-04) We want to make sure that things make the most sense before traffic gets too heavy so if anyone things there might be a better way to lay it out let us know.

The main other possiblility I was thinking of is having it grouped by forum type like tech with the years spans (66-77, 78-79, 80-04) as forums in that group, then do the same for general discussion and again for parts swapping... does anyone have any thoughs on this?

What about any other categories that might be useful? Possibly a forum just for motor, trans, or efi swaps? I also wonder if I have too many categories, I know if there are too many it gets kind of hard to keep up with them all.

I do notice is people seem to understand the current categories well and I have only had a few cases where people posted in the wrong place.

Does anyone have any special requests for the site in general.

/DN

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazed

Reaction score
I do think there was a big change in the fullsizes after 96...should probably have 97 and up be seperate from the 80-96...

Just an idea.

OP
OP
A

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am definitly going to do that soon, I just hate to have too many categories and I don't see that many people here posting about the post 96 trucks.

Keep your eyes peeled for f150zone.com soon...

/DN

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
the site looks good to me,hope i can give and get some good advice on FORDS

86 4x4 ranger 351w/c-6 78 bronco(family car)dvd for the kids soon

73 f-250 efi302(and then some)under the knife getting a turbo charger.

kikenhorse

Motor Man
Reaction score
This might be something to consider.

Why not have a Forum just for people interested in all aspects of just maintaining the breed. The people who just restore or maintain their vehicles in origonal or better condition.

We all like to read about the people that customize for trail riding and top speed or 1/4 mile numbers but there are others who enjoy their Bronco's too.

How many you may ask? Not sure....

Stomper4x4

Reaction score
I agree, make 80-96 a group.........then 97+ for all of us that have the late model Broncos..... :huh:

I think the layout is pretty good. May need to add some categories, but I'll come up with ideas after I get some sleep.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
I'm agree with the others the layouts are fine. not a broad stretch of stuff like found on alot of sites where post get mixed up.

Since parts will interchange thru most years. the way it is works. Just body styling in such would be the factor with parts.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I have seen several msg boards out there and one thing I have noticed is most of them use the "vBulletin" program.

I like it b/c of it's ease of use.

Might be something to check out.

I agree with BoulderBronco.

FYI Ford discontinued the Bronco in 96 or 97 but it Ford does release the "NEW" Bronco then there should be another group for that.

Ktomek06

Reaction score
I like the boards simplicity! I think it is great..ill try to think of something better to do to it!

4xfan78

Reaction score
B) I think that the layout is fine just the way it is. Its simple to find a catagory to post in, and to see what is the hot topic a the day is. Just my opinion.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

geez!

I just went thru my Site's Bronco Zone Links and found too many URLs were CHANGED during this re-model. What a mess! I was able to edit almost all LINKs to the new URL addys... I did lose Seabronco's tailgate wiring diagrams though and the SEARCH function still doesn't help much, unfortunately.

Hope the same URL addy changes do not occur at SuperMotors because I have 1,000s of SM Links as many other folks have bookmarked pages as well.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Dana,

Can you have your IT folks see if we can Log - In here and then go to Ford "F" Zone and post/reply there without Loggin-In there too?

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I like the layout regardless. I am a member of many forums, so I can adapt quickly to any layout. I think the site is hitting off well, and I'm glad to see many active users!

One thing I love on other forums however, is when I hover over the topic (for example: "Just got a new Bronco") a little window pops up and gives me the first 5 lines of the thread inside. This way I can see if I should view the thread or not. I often click on threads that have no interest to me, but an interesting topic heading..

Anyway, keep up the great work! And I'll keep up on my Bronco!

-Adamm

OP
OP
A

admin1

Supreme Commander
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
yo!

geez!

I just went thru my Site's Bronco Zone Links and found too many URLs were CHANGED during this re-model. What a mess! I was able to edit almost all LINKs to the new URL addys... I did lose Seabronco's tailgate wiring diagrams though and the SEARCH function still doesn't help much, unfortunately.

Hope the same URL addy changes do not occur at SuperMotors because I have 1,000s of SM Links as many other folks have bookmarked pages as well.
Very sorry about that, the new software has a ton of SEO improvements including new URL's which are already ranking MUCH higher in Google and seeing a lot more traffic but most important of all the page views are up significantly which tells me people are enjoying the new software a lot more and spending more time on the site. I don't see needing to make any more changes like this for a long time, and by the way Super Motors is all custom so we won't be changing any URL's just adding features.

Dana,

Can you have your IT folks see if we can Log - In here and then go to Ford "F" Zone and post/reply there without Loggin-In there too?
Unfortunately because sessions can't span over different domains there isn't any way to do that but I will keep it in mind in case we can figure something out.

Thanks,

Dana

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dana!

Comcast is causing all sorts of problems here in da woods with their pre-1986 conn speeds.. So, Logging in to diff sites is a pia for us.

Be Well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke