1988 Ford Bronco project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
im 15 i just bought a 1988 Ford Bronco from my girlfriends cousin. i am excited because this is my first vehicle ever but it doesnt run worth a crap. her cousin was a blonde ditz who didnt know crap about vehicles. she didnt know you had to change the oil every 3,000 miles. she brought it in every 10,000! i plan on fixin it up and sellin it to make money like my dad did when he was in high school. except he did mainly muscle cars. i'll get as much as i can for this one and save for my 1996 dream bronco. plus i want a bronco with a little less milage. less than 245,000. it is gray with rust everywhere. bumpers, fenders, doors, hood, tailgate, you name it, its rusted. she drove it two blocks to school every day in minnesota winters too. that beat up the truck bad. it definetly needs a arbureator rebuild same with the tranny. i need an oil pan swap for it (courtesey of broncorama89) and it really needs a new paint job. brakes are so warn that there is about a half inch grove in the rotors. have to see if i can get them machined. pads are down to the bare metal and calipers need changing; same with the shoes. spark plugs need replacin and left headlight bulb is dead. the left taillight has a huge crack in it and the transmission fluid is like syrup. two lugnuts are gone and there is a hole in the exhaust near the muffler.

i guess what im really asking is if anybody knows what this will cost me.

am i way in over my head for having only about two hours to spare eachday?

i am going to set aside friends and rc for this one. all though some friends are going to help me

i will probably get time for rc as i wait for the oil to slug its way out

i want to get about $3,000 for this truck when all is done

the paint job will be free coutesy broncorama89s friend

it will be sittin in a garage for about three months until we bring it over to broncorama89s house. there i will rebuild the tranny so broncoramas friend can take it over to his shop to give it a nice blue and white stock two tone.

i dont want to keep this truck for myself cause my girlfriends cousin came straight out and said it was abused alot and she just liked it because it was bigger than anybody elses vehicle.

thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

THEDUDE

Reaction score
Nice project, Sebring96. I know you are that guy off Chryslerforums.com. I know you also know who i am and if you say, your bronco will be up on cynder blocks! seems like everybody at chrysler forums wanted you to get the bronco too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

mbtech2003

Reaction score
even if the truck was in perfect condition with that kinda millage it's still only worth bout 1500-2000 tops. :-& pluss with all that u mentioned your gonna spend about 2 to 3000 thousand or more too fix everything right. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> my advice is fix what you need to keep it running and driving and save your money for your perfect bronco. by the way saw a bronco a week ago that was a 96 with only 20k miles on it!!! i'll haveto get the phone number to give them a call

:)>-

OP
OP
B

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
  by the way saw a bronco a week ago that was a 96 with only 20k miles on it!!!  i'll haveto get the phone number to give them a call:)>-

29818[/snapback]

only 20k?! what is it going for? i plan on rebuilding a lot of stuff and a dude at my high school said he would pay about $4,000 for my bronco if it was in very good running condition and had nice paint.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Broncoboy, you almost always never get back what you spent on repairs and mods when you sell a vehicle. Best way to save money on this project is do as much work yourself, and scour the salvage yards for most of your parts. Even little items like weatherstripping and lenses for the lights can cost $50-$100 and burn a big hole in your wallet real quick.

It doesn't cost anything to inspect the mechanical systems yourself, but it sometimes is worth a few bucks to have a mechanic check stuff out, like engine compression, oil pressure, etc. IT's no use putting new spark plugs or a carburetor on a motor that's on it's last leg. Kinda like putting new windshield wipers on a cracked windshield.

Good luck, and I know the folks here will do what they can to help you out!!!

OP
OP
B

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
i kinda figured that i wouldnt get much for it. like i said, i think im in way over my head. i know pretty much what is wrong with it as i spend all the time i have left over understand how vehicles work. i know the carburetor is in need of help like the tranny and that it wass very abused, but we'll have to see what people think about it when its done. thank you to everyone that has helped me so far!

OP
OP
B

Broncoboy07

Bronco Obsession
Reaction score
the girl i bought it from was one of those good looking but really dumb girls. (sorry if youre reading this katie!) it was kinda weird because she looked like one that would drive a little geo prizm or something. it was funny cause i told her there was a hole in the exhaust and she replied, "how do ya know?"

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke