66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Sign in to follow this  
xess17x

4 door bronco?

i came across someone who was selling a four door bronco. i never knew these existed. and i have to say they look really weird. just felt like posting this and seeing if anyone else has seen these rare broncos,

post-2241-1109622170_thumb.jpg

Edited by xess17x

i believe there were a couple of companies that did these conversions...one of them being centurion.

even have their own website: www.fourdoorbronco.com

edited: hehe, oops, didnt notice/remem the site was already listed

Edited by abesblue95

Centurion was one compnay and Magnum was the other. I use to own an 89 Magnum conversion 4 door bronco. I like the truck. It towed really well but a bit under powered for towing. It was a 1/2 ton model with a 351W and a C6. Had I owned a F250 or 350 version I would have kept it. The 4 door had more room inside of it than our Excursion does.

yeah they just look like a f150/250/350 with a different topper on it. so you would buy a bronco and take it to Centurion or Magnum and they would convert it??

I think they look more like a 250/350 than a Bronco also. They are diffrent, but I dont think I would ever get one.

I think they look more like a 250/350 than a Bronco also. They are diffrent, but I dont think I would ever get one.

19044[/snapback]

That's basically what they are, a Bronco frame cut and a crew cab area inserted.

:)>-

They are not for off roading that's for sure but if you travel and want some room for people and what ever else you can haul then this is the truck to have. very roomy on the inside.

Looks like they are the before version of the Excursion

Edited by Broncoboy07

They are not for off roading that's for sure but if you travel and want some room for people and what ever else you can haul then this is the truck to have.  very roomy on the inside.

19079[/snapback]

have you been in one RTM? just wondering. i saw one driving down the road as i came back from mankato. looked really cool yet looked like it was sold of the lot like that. there were no weld marks or anything to show as if it were cut in half. i think a standard bronco is better than a four door. because we have enough four door suvs on the road.

the one that i have seen around me says f-250 on the side of it. not that it makes a diffrence or any thing :-" and it is a diesel

I sold one and they are classified as the F class. The one we had a 460 with a vortec supercharger on it, and it was fast.

Someone killed these too!

30142[/snapback]

if they didnt come from the factory like that, it wasnt good enough for ford.

http://fourdoorbronco.com/temp/cgi-bin/iko...=ST;f=10;t=1271

link to a four door bronco forum from bulldozer. this one has its top off. it doesnt really even look like the normal bronco when topless. just a crew cab f-series

Finish001.jpg

here is the finished project. i saw this one in person. (not my photos though) from a distance, it looks a lot like an 80s suburban

You can wheel them just like some guys wheel Suburbans. They are NOT really Broncos per say. They start life as a 4 door pick-up truck. They then get the bed removed, frame shortened a bit and a Bronco back half grafted to the crew cab front half.

i came across someone who was selling a four door bronco. i never knew these existed. and i have to say they look really weird. just felt like posting this and seeing if anyone else has seen these rare broncos,

18615[/snapback]

i had seen one of those in the early 90's. i didn't know what it was. they are called Centaurions. they were aftermarket conversions. Ford didn't make them that way. i don't know how many were created or if there is any value to them. they're cool, but i think it's too heavy and long for off-roading.

I have a four door Bronco. It is a 1990, midnight mettalic blue over tan. I love this truck and one day intend to stretch it by a half door behind the second doors. I was so fortunate to locate it after missing out on a white one. The one unusual thing about this one is that it was done by Metropolitian. It isn't a Centurion stretch. If anyone has info on Metropolitian please let me know.

I have a four door Bronco. It is a 1990, midnight mettalic blue over tan. I love this truck and one day intend to stretch it by a half door behind the second doors. I was so fortunate to locate it after missing out on a white one. The one unusual thing about this one is that it was done by Metropolitian. It isn't a Centurion stretch. If anyone has info on Metropolitian please let me know.

Which one, where are the pics? Which white one did you miss?

Metropolitan came out of Centurion. In Fact the president of Centurion at the time, left and started Metropolitan. They were only a couple of miles apart in a little town in MI.

Metropolitan did make some 1 tons, but the majority were stretched 1/2 broncos. They used the factory bronco flip and fold seat and mostly stock Ford Interior. I think they were made from '87 to '91 not sure on production numbers.

In the early years Centurion did both, they stretched broncos, and they used Crew cabs, but in the early years, crew cabs were pretty rare. Most had custom interiors, and and fold flat, bed type third seat. Early models where a fixed upright seat. They were made from '84-'96 Production numbers are estimated near 3000 total. There is a '79 floating around that the owner says has a Centurion sticker on the door jamb, but nobody I know has a pic or verified it. The black one posted in this thread is not a Centurion, much better quality for sure. The '84-early'86 models really looked goofy as the entire rear half and roof did not look like broncos at all. They were called the classic 1000's. Late in '86 until mid year '88 the rear portion was 100% fiberglass, with a removable top just like the bronco, and that is actually when they really started looking like broncos. In late '88 they went to a steel tub on the rear, from a bronco. They continued to do that until the bronco production was stopped in '96.

In the mid 90's Centurion was makeing 4 door F150's before ford was.

There are some customs jobs that were mass produced in very small numbers. Argentina actually has a version. Mexico has a version with barn style doors.

They made 1/2 ton, the later models we badged as C150, the 1 tons were badged as C350, the F250 never really got it own badge. It is among the rarest models as well as duallies.

Do they really look more like a pickup than a 2 door bronco? That seemed a little silly, they all share the same from clip and rear clip, just that middle thing is different.

They can be wheeled, of course not as agile as a 2 door, but then again it is pretty cool to be able to haul 8 of your buddys with you. They wheel better than a suburban, the turning radius is shorter, and there is less overhang off the back. Most people who have owned 1/2 tons were not impressed at all, but the one ton owners is a different story. Especially the later models with the PSD, they are an animal. They tow better than the excursion, or pickups. They have the full 1 ton suspension, but with less distance between the hitch and the rear axle making them much more stable with a trailer.

They were bought from the Ford dealer, off of the dealer lot, or special ordered. It was not something you could take to them and have them do. It is not considered an "aftermarket" conversion even though it is often called that, even by myself.

They have nothing to do with the excursion or expedition.

Centurion was bought out by Southern comfort conversions in January of '06. The fourdoorbronco.com website is privately owned and is just an enthusiast site like this one.

I sold one and they are classified as the F class. The one we had a 460 with a vortec supercharger on it, and it was fast.

White one or red one?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this