66 VIN Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sgaunt

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a 66 Bronco and new to the Bronco experience. Now I'm trying to locate the VIN. Would any of you experts help me out.

Thanks!!!!!

gnylan1

Reaction score
Hi,I just purchased a 66 Bronco and new to the Bronco experience.  Now I'm trying to locate the VIN.  Would any of you experts help me out. 

Thanks!!!!!

18503[/snapback]

Check the door of the glove compartment, my '66 and '73 were both there...

samo

Reaction score
Check the door of the glove compartment, my '66 and '73 were both there...
20387[/snapback]

If you have not yet found a vin number because of previous restores and parts change.On the passenger side frame on top just behind the wheel there is a factory stamped vin.With a scotchbrite pad and a little water and scrubbing you can find the main vin with is legal in all states that I know of.Worked in Ohio and they are tuff to deal with.

Luck Samo

tcdc86

Reaction score
Don't take this wrong but if you purchased from someone that had a title it will be there. Mine is to the left of the emergency brake. It is only 11 numbers not 13 like the new vehicles. You can find out what the original body style and engine were if you get a jeffs bronco graveyard catalog. It will list what all the numbers and letters mean in the VIN. It helped us out a lot. We purchased a 66 bronco with a two seat cab with a truck bed. Looked up VIN with catalog and found out it was original wagon style. It also had the 289 which we thought was an optional item. It was but our truck was not suppose to come with that engine. It was changed to look like the option. Be careful and check VIN # first before purchasing vehicle or you might wind up with an unoriginal vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22