Changing the Head Gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodger

Reaction score
G'day fellow Bronco II owners,

Ok I have finally found the time to start on the leaking head gaskets on my Bronco II. To my surprise there is a lot of parts in the way to get to the heads. Never the less they should be done by this weekend. Then on to the suspension bushings. Anyway, I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has changed their head gaskets and if they have any tips they learned along the way. Any tips would be great. I have all the tools to complete this job by the manual, but would like to know if there are any tricks to the Bronco II I should know.

Thanks,

Dodger

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Take off the intake with the carb or injection attached together. Strap it up out of the way. Take off the headers, steering pump, alternator, A/C and what ever else is in the way and unbolt those suckers. Get your book out for the torque specs on the heads for the re-install.

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
check the heads for warp or cracks,I have a neighbor that put his all back together with a cracked head.

and yup I told him so too,he didn't tell me his wife did.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22