5.0 upgrades for broncos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unger316

Reaction score
i know that there are alot of upgrades for the 5.0, but there all for mustangs, is their a supercharger or something that i can buy to soup up my bronco or do i have to buy a 460 to have some power

swampthing

Reaction score
there are plenty of things that you can do..first off is it fuel injected or carbureted..i put a 302 in my bronco and its carbureted i put a cam in it new lifters intake carb exhaust timing gears rings all that good shit and its got major balls. And yes you can get a supercharger for it i was going to do the same with mine but i changed my mind.

Seabronc

Reaction score
A 302 can be pushed up to about 500 HP at a cost. Don't expect economy, and it will be street illegal in most states. A turbo charger is another option which doesn't rob as much power driving it as a supercharger since it uses the exhaust to run it instead of a belt.

Good luck,

:)>-

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone! >

One thing I have learned over the years is most anything can be done with enough money & patients.

There is a fine line between economy and power. You can boost your 302's HP up and fuel mileage but there is a limit where your mileage will start to go back down. Some Mustang parts should work on your Bronco, they are made for the smaller space of the Mustang.

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
lots of the mustang parts will work but you don't want a fire breathing high rpm motor,keep in mind what rpm range you want to perform at.

start with the basics,tune up,exhaust,k&n,maybe a cold air intake.

I like to do things one at a time that way it's easier to pin point what gains or probs i have. good luck

xess17x

Reaction score
i want to do the same to my 86 bronco with the 302 in it. i want to increase its power. does anyone know where i can find a k&N set up for my bronco or even a cold air intake? if so please respond

Malacia_Bronco.jpg

KG4OFQ

Reaction score
I got a K&N air filter from the local Advanced Auto Parts here, they had it in stock and was only like $40 or so. Would a throttle body spacer help out any, I would also think making sure both fuel pumps are working fine, Replace your PCV valve, and while your at it a new set of plugs, wires, and a cap.

Im thinking of adding water injection to my 87 to see if that will do anything. Mixing 20% to 40% alcohol to water and injecting it in a fine mist into the intake does a few things. Causes a cooler running engine, aids in combustion, and is cleaner on the valves and pistons than without. The water creates steam and it helps on teh down stroke and the alcohol burns slower and adds a bit of push on the down stroke giving more torque. At least from what I read so far.

mburns5us

Reaction score
i just put new msd coil &wires on mine yesterday.i can tell a big diffrence and was told to open gap on plugs to .55 and should give more power& better mpg too.

tripleh87

Reaction score
The Leading Source for Ford Bronco Information!

Gallery HelpSearchMembersCalendar Top Site List

Logged in as: tripleh87 ( Log Out )

My Controls

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke