1995 Ford F150 300 !6 Shortbed Automatic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K

KoolFool

Hey People,  My F150 is not well. On cold start, seems fine. Then from a stop and in Drive at 10 MPH, the ABS light comes on and will not shift. I am able to manually shift to second, and Drive merely becomes neutral. Replaced speed sensor on the differential (has E40D trans-no sensor), ABS module (behind glove box), fuses all check out. Tried a code scanner to no avail. Retrieved one code on the EEC-IV (old fashion way) 33133. Help, please.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo KF,

Welcome!

You should see just 3 digit codes.

Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19

http://broncozone.com/topic/14269-code-reader/?pid=74587&mode=threaded

PCM stores the Self-Test program in permanent memory. When activated, Self-Test checks the EEC system by testing memory integrity and processing capability, and verifies that various sensors and actuators are connected and operating properly.

Inspect the air cleaner and inlet ducting.  KCheck all engine vacuum hoses for damage, leaks, cracks, blockage, proper routing, etc. Check EEC system including the wiring harness for proper connections, bent or broken pins, corrosion, loose wires, proper routing, etc. Check the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), sensors and actuators for physical damage. TPS, ICM, DISTRIBUTOR, etc. Check the engine coolant for proper level and mixture. Check the transmission fluid & engine oil level and quality. Make all necessary repairs before continuing with SELF TEST.

The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180° F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears including Reverse. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic); or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch. Then turn off engine, all accessories/lights (close driver's door) , etc.

Do KOEO test First. Post Code(s) here according to KOEO & KOER.

A helper can assist you by counting the codes. Some use their smart phones to record them.

BEWARE OF FAN, BELTS, PULLEYS, HOT HOSES, IGNITION HIGH TENSION WIRES, AND ENGINE COMPONENTS

Or ask local mom and dad parts stores if they will test it for you.

Or purchase a coder reader such as Equus 3145 Innova OBD I Code Reader for Ford EEC IV Engines at Walmart & most parts stores.

OP
OP
K

KoolFool

Awesome. Thanks so much for you time, and expertise. Got some work to do.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke