1992 Bronco 5.0 Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speed9044

Reaction score
So I inherited a 1992 Ford Bronco Custom 5.0. Its in pretty rough shape but it runs and drives for the most part with minor issues to it. The issue I'm having at the moment is the turn signals and break lights all work when the head lights are off. As soon as I turn the head lights on the head lights work, the left turn signal and break light work, but the passenger side headlight works, the turn signal and break light does not work. All the running lights work with the head lights on. I cannot seem to find any loose or disconnected wire so I'm kinda lost. Thanks in advance for any help. I did replace the break light sockets as they were melting away from the previous owner, but I dont think its an issue from that. I could be wrong though as the new sockets just have black wires and are not labeled.

Last edited by a moderator:

husmann

Reaction score
This sounds simplistic, but make sure to check and replace any bulbs. So much of the time, that’s the only problem. 
Derek

OP
OP
S

speed9044

Reaction score
That is a good idea however the running lights I believe are the same mold as the brake bulb for the rear it's working

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo speed9044,

Welcome!

Troubleshooting; "...If you have a problem when turning on one circuit it causes another to come on partially (dim lights, etc.), check the ground for the part or system that was turned on first. i.e., if you press the brake pedal & the parking lights turn on partially or fully, check the brake lights' ground; This is caused by current going through  brake light bulb filaments & finding a ground in the parking lt. system instead of its own ground..."

Headlight Wiring Diagram & Testing in 92-96; 

G100 & G101  in attached diagram

G201 Location pic in a 92 (driver kick panel); Note by Steve83; "...that's G201 which is for all the windows, courtesy lights, instrument cluster, lighter sockets, blower, & horn switch. Instead of many wires at the ring like I was remembering, they spliced them together in the harness that year..."

see attached
Source: by BeastBronco

headlights92.jpg

20191104_134125.jpg

headlights92.jpg

component-location-1995-bronco.jpg

OP
OP
S

speed9044

Reaction score
Ok thanks everyone for the info. I'll have to dig back into the wiring again. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar