Oil Pan Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-Co Kid

Reaction score
87 B-Co; Carb'd; C-6 Trans; 3" Body Lift

With the 3" Body lift, I have a lot of wiggle room when doing any type of service to my rig.  With that said, am I able to change the oil pan/gasket without having to do a engine removal?  Would unbolting the motor mounts and jacking the engine up give me enough clearance??  Most of the questions answered on this topic are for 90+ models which don't particularly apply in my situation.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

B-Co Kid

D

dnlcarver

Body lift isn’t going to change how high you motor sets off the frame. I would recommend removing the engine. That’s the only way you’re going to get the pan out of there. Me personally, I took a short cut that left me with a small leak, but it’s better then what it was. I cut the gasket on the side and put rtv where I cut it. That let me slide it on there. I ripped two gaskets trying to slide it under the crank so I wouldn’t try that. Good luck ? 

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo B-C,

See Oil Pan+Pump Replacment (56K Warrning!) @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/23-technical-write-ups/27686-oil-pan-pump-replacment-56k-warrning.html in a 95 5.8 Bronco by Trucky18

some EXCERPTS:

Now that the engine mounts are un-bolted I can jack up the engine, make sure to use a piece of wood between where ever it is you jack it up from, I just used the oil pan. And as you can see there was a little spill.img_1171.jpgJacked it up until the upper intake hit the fire wall.img_1170.jpgNext I jammed a piece of wood between the motor mounts and the cross member, I had to “custom” make the wood, cause it was not a normal size.img_1173.jpgWith the engine jacked up you can un-bolt the oil pan, and the oil pump. The oil pump has two bolts in it, one of them visible in this picture; it’s the small bolt right near the harmonic balancer in this picture. Once the oil pump is un-bolted, just let it fall into the pan. You also have to remove a nut the holds the pick-up tube to the engine, it’s about midway back.img_1177.jpgToo get the pan out I had to disconnect my exhaust where the muffler meets the cat, not hard since I put a new cat back on 2 years ago.img_1176.jpgI also had to remove the muffler from its hangers.I also have to remove the inspection plate on the tranny, yes it was that close, but by disconnecting the exhaust and removing this piece; I did not have to take the upper intake off. YAY!img_1175.jpgWith the pan off you can inspect the bottom end of the motor, everything looked ship shape to me. You can see where the oil pick-up attaches, it is the main bolt which is also a stud. (If that makes sense.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo