Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
I recently looked at a nice 79 Bronco Ranger XLT with a 400ci that is available. The owner is the original owner. The truck has 108,000 original miles and the owner installed a new long block at 100,000 miles a "few" years ago. He said has hasn't driven the truck in a couple of years. I drove the truck around the block and when I got back, coolant was pouring out of the left side of the engine onto the oil filter. I couldn't see where the coolant was coming from, but it was a heavy stream. Any idea what the source of the leak is? 

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Ya., a freeze plug is very likely.., beings it gets cold there.  However., if the eng. was replaced., those would be new(er).

Other possibilities; head gasket failure, warped head, cracked head, intake manifold gasket, cracked block.

Seems obvious to me, that's why he's selling it.  He has to know it's leaking..!!  

Have him fess-up..!! He likely knows what & where it's leaking from.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke