66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Sign in to follow this  
RR-Texas

Worthless Mechanic

Had to “Tag” her out, lazy mechanic forgot to tighten the clamps on the intake tubes, last week after replacing the manual temp gauge that quit working one month after install 7 years ago, not once, or twice, but 3 times!  First time it was routed perfectly, then I went back to admire my handy work except the gauge was not actually ran through the pillar gauge mount!

Second try, through the pillar mount, routed incorrectly under the dash, finally on the 3rd attempt.  So anybody can give me a discription and or a part number for this coolant block?  I really need an actual Ford manual!

Think I’ll fix that quality pillar gauge light wiring too

Thanks

1454B908-890C-4DEA-B9F6-957433E77690.jpeg

4DA6966B-DF7E-416B-97F8-896B3E181256.jpeg

Yo R-R,

Stuff happens!  Been there, done stuff too!😎

Problem with the "new look" here, our signatures don't show our Bronco or F Series years, nor engine, etc, so;

I figure you need this;

what-is-this-2.jpg

GT-40%20lower%20intake.JPG

Two ECTs, one for the TEMPERATURE GAUGE and other for the EEC IV (ECT).

ECT = engine cooling temp sensor which threads into the "octagonal" tree shaped tube that's threaded into the lower intake manifold and has a small TB cooling tube and hose AND another metal tube/hose threaded into the side which goes to the heater core inlet IIRC.
This "octagonal" tree shaped tube is available at Rock Auto for: 1993 FORD BRONCO 5.87 V8 : for example
Heat & Air Conditioning : Heater Hose / Pipe

Suggest buying Motorcraft, all day, every day!
MOTORCRAFT KT81 Click for more information about this part 
{#E8TZ18B402C} HVAC Heater Pipe
Tube to manifold

$46.79 btw, this is a priced drop of $2.00 since June 2016!!!

Same for 93 5.0.

BTW, Ford advises to apply pipe sealant or Teflon® tape to the threads of the new temperature gauge  sender.

Screenshot_20190426-073025.jpg

Thank you as usual sir, for now I just put the hose back on and will order the parts.

HOWEVER...

THIS must be that special Ford door seal test Bronco!?!?  I’ll bet it’s value just tripled???  

29935FF0-EB35-40B9-AE5E-32148D384385.jpeg

Yo RR,

YW!

Url
Tag
Img
Thumb
doorgsktfiller.jpg%20alt=
DoorGsktFiller.JPG | Hits: 1773 | Size: 75.14 KB | Posted on: 12/19/12 | Link to this image

To rejuvinate collapsed door gaskets, insert foam caulk backer rod. Larger foam will fit, but this is sufficient, and fairly easy to install. I was able to push about 5 feet directly in, and then use needle-nose pliers through the vent holes to pull the rest through. A long wire fed through beforehand would have made pulling the rod in even easier.

Any leftovers can be used in the doors:

Immediately after this, the doors should be fully aligned to prevent further damage to the seals.
http://www.fourdoorbronco.com/board/showthread.php?6884-Door-Alignment

Finally, apply silicone spray lube &/or teflon dry lube to the gaskets to keep them soft, clean, and silent
doorfrontfill.jpg This scrap of caulk-saver rod from the door gasket filler will prevent small pebbles & parts from jamming in the narrow gap, causing dents or rust.  The bottom is open to allow water to drain rearward. It can also be used above the rear wheel arch reinforcements, and inside the door seals.  [url=https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/958840][img]https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/958840/thumbnail/doorgsktfiller.jpg[/img][/url] . [url=https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1073740][img]https://www.supermotors.net/getfile/1073740/thumbnail/06white17a.jpg[/img][/url]  Note that this '93 door skin does NOT have a side-impact beam ('95-up).  It would run along the bottom outer skin about from the finger pointer past the missing paint to the back edge of the door. 
doorfrontfill.jpg | Hits: 1546 | Posted on: 1/29/13 | View original size (392.18 KB)

This scrap of caulk-saver rod from the door gasket filler will prevent small pebbles & parts from jamming in the narrow gap, causing dents or rust. The bottom is open to allow water to drain rearward. It can also be used above the rear wheel arch reinforcements, and inside the door seals

I had a new one from Jeff’s, I’m just surprised someone really but it on backwards after they painted it red.  

Posted (edited)

Looks like the dash gave it up these last two years, had to wire tie it up on the PS.  Totally broke away at the top!

Edited by RR-Texas
Doubled up

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this