Secondary Air Injection (smog) Pump Required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fyreduck1921

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, 

I am finally getting my 93 Eddie Bauer 351W / E4OD put back together. The Air pump is seized up. Where I live, the truck is not subjected to emissions testing. Can I remove the air pump and buy a different serpentine belt to fit, or do I need the air pump for the truck to run right. It is stock, except for a set of headers.

Thanks,

Steve 

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
 If everything else in the engine bay is in good working order then I would fix the stupid smog pump and be happy. If you already have a modify'd engine bay then I wouldn't hesitate to delete the pump. most people choose to run a new belt but if it were me I would buy a delete pulley and keep the stock size belt

btw, I don't know if removing the smog pump causes the little light on the dash to come on or not.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Following parts are commonly used & available via google searches:You are looking for Thermactor Plugs, some use 5/8" by 11 by 1" SS bolts while others have welded holes closed.Stainless Steel Thermactor Smog Plugs the holes in the back of your cylinder heads when removing the exhaust crossover tube. Comes with 2 stainless plugs and Loctite. Hex head makes installation easy when the engine is still in the vehicle.thermactor_plugs_large.jpgTAB & TAD  Eliminator Resistor; need one 82 ohm 3 watt Resistor for each item removed, by Ryan M. But company is out of business.https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...gr-eliminatorsThis will prevent the CEL from lighting and a code to be set.A neat mod by jrichker; "...Put the resistor inside the heat shrink tubing and crimp the connectors on. I would choose the Ford pin connectors since they should plug in the TAB & TAD wiring. That way you haven't modified the wiring so it is easy to re-install the TAB & TAD solenoids if emissions testing comes to your area. 18 gauge crimp on taps..." 

Read more @  https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/help-me-with-the-codes-i-got.796957/

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Andrew

Hey I have a 94 f150 4x4 obd1 4.9 i6 which I am looking for a resistor kit to send the proper signal to the pcm. Haven’t found any one with a way . I’m dumping huge amounts of fuel and if I step on throttle it dies. I need help with this thank you my email is [email protected] thanks for your time

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke