Fuel Tank Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pj31704

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Its been quite some time since I have been back on the forum. Glad to say I am once again working on the Bronco. About a year ago I started a project to replace the rear fuel tank. Unfortunately I did not take pictures and didn't realize it would be a year later that I would install the new tank. Should be a simple question, the two small connectors on the side next to the filler hose and the vent hose are covered with a red plug. Do these just stay in the tank? I remember my last tank had nothing connected here, but was not sure if something was covering them. Product I purchased is attached. 

Thanks for any help! Glad to be back!

10201kit.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
With out much other info, or a link to the manufacture who made this tank I'm 90% sure those would be tank vents. In theory this is easy to check for by shining a light in the tank an looking for tubes that go along the top of the tank. One vent for the left and one for the right. Or one vent for the front and one for the rear.

This is just a educated guess.

OP
OP
pj31704

pj31704

Reaction score
I got this kit from Bronco Graveyard. Do the end caps need to be removed on this after install? Thanks

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
They made/make these repl. tanks to work with all EB model years. Some yrs. have a fumes catcher behind the dr. side seat, in front of the wheel well. (part of the smog garbage) Rubber lines were used on them.

Some carbs (as I recall) have a return to tank requirement. one ****** can be used for that.

If you don't need either.., leave them plugged.

Also.., I believe you'd need a "vented" gas cap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom