Hello from the Austin area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbasse

Reaction score
Hello everybody.  I have found this site by researching a Bronco that I am about to get back in my possession sometime in 2018.  It is a 1991 Bronco XLT with a 302, E4OD, and push button 4WD with over 200,000 hard miles on it.  The story of this Bronco is that my parents bought it around 2000 or so for a family vehicle with around 115,000 miles on it.  A couple of years later my parents decided to buy a more fuel efficient vehicle and it just so happened I turned 16 that year so I ended up with the Bronco.  At the end of my senior year I bought a more fuel efficient vehicle for myself to drive back and forth from college in.  My parents took the Bronco back to use as a ranch vehicle in West Texas where it has lived since 2006.  This past year my wife was following somebody on instagram and they were traveling around with a Full Size Bronco and she said she would like us to get one someday.  Well my father had bought a Kioti UTV for use at the ranch that replaced the Bronco earlier in the year and I asked if he would not sell the Bronco to anybody else and that I would buy it when he came up with a price and when I had saved enough to get it.  He agreed so sometime in the next year I will be getting my high school Bronco back!!!

I was able to go look at it with my wife this Christmas and boy does it need some work.  The good news is that it started and moved under its own power around the ranch and some of the county roads.  The transmission shifted smooth but it had to be shifted into reverse a couple of times before it went into reverse and the 4WD would click in the dash but it would not engage.  Also there was a strong smell of oil from the engine and the exhaust had rusted away.  The body looks good except the tailgate is starting to rust and the clear coat is gone from the whole top of the hood and cab.  The interior is filthy but in great shape other that the headliner and the drivers seat has a "gangster lean" to it from a family of heavyweights getting in and out of it for 17 years.

Not sure what I am going to rebuild the engine (or have it done) or put a 300 Inline 6 in it as my family has been very lucky with those engines being bulletproof (my dad also has a 1991 F-150 with the 300 with over 300,000 miles).  Not planning on making a ******** off road vehicle but having something that could tow a small camper and get to some of the more remote areas of this country.  I plan on keeping the stock suspension and using 31x10.5 tires.

I do not have any photos of it at the moment but next time I make the trek up to my parents place I will take some photos.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo J,

Welcome to the Zone and Great that you all are keeping the Bronco in the family!

To post a pic from your PC, TABLET, etc., just below the reply box in lower right corner, click More Reply Options

Screen will change

See Attach files

pick out the pic

Click Attach This File

or click, Try our advanced uploader (requires Flash 9)

http://www.irfanview.com is a good free image resizer. I

Post any TECH questions in a new thread in 80-96 Ford Bronco Tech Support section & keep it limited to one issue. Mainly so that old farts such as I don't get confused.

To show off your Bronco, such as any build-up or modifications post, in 80-96 Ford Bronco section.

Here are some wiring diagrams (partial, 86 through 96) and Technical Service Bulletins, (80 through 96) @ http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd Just register for free.

After you take possession, please fill out your Signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc. for better responses.

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;

In pop up,

Click, My Profile

Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel

In left panel, Click, Edit Signature

Enter info

Click, Save Changes

Consider our sponsor, https://broncograveyard.com for parts.

Be well and have a great New Year J!

Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke