MAP or MAF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BABS

Reaction score
I keep finding different info, I have a 1994 XLT with the E4OD tranny. Do I have a MAP sensor and where would it be? Or do I have a MAF and where would it be? I think that might be the only thing I have not replace yet. Love my Bronco and want it working in tip top shape. Thanks for any help!!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Your 94 5.0 has the MAP sensor.

Mounted on firewall, passenger side as shown circled in blue,

1414197_img.jpg

Overview; "...On gasoline engines, the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor senses atmospheric pressure to produce an electrical signal. The frequency of this signal varies with intake manifold pressure. The powertrain control module monitors this signal to determine altitude. The PCM then adjusts the E4OD shift schedule and EPC pressure for altitude. Symptoms: Firm shift feel, late shifts at altitude. Possible Diagnostic Trouble Codes: 126-129.

More info in my site @ http://schwimserver5.com/index.php?index=138

Your 94 is a Speed density EFI that uses a Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP), a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), an Air Intake Temperature Sender (ACT) that gives the engine certain volumetric efficiencies over it's RPM range. Speed density EFI also uses what is called bank fire injection. 4 injectors are fired at one time on each side of the engine (only 2 wires for firing injectors from EEC-IV).

Mass Air Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI), aka Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection (SEFI) is in 95 5.8 California models and in all 96s. Mass Air directly reads the mass of air (or number of molecules of air). By doing this, it can detect the changes in the volume of air, in addition to it's pressure & temperature. Mass air has one separate wire for each injector & fires them twice for every power stroke of the engine. This makes the injector timing more accurate & will help emissions along with power.

GL

Al

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
 I think that might be the only thing I have not replace yet. Love my Bronco and want it working in tip top shape. Thanks for any help!!
By tip top shape, what things have you changed or clean'd on it recently?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom