Does this look right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonathankallen

Reaction score
I've fixed the headlight assemblies, driver's side door switch and window regulator, got the transmission dipstick tub sealed, and now I'm working on the radio.  The radio (and a/c-heater unit) is not working at all.  What's your thoughts from this wiring that could be causing the problem?  Do the bigger red and yellow wires go to the air unit?  What's your thoughts?

Photo Sep 26 6 32 21 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 31 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 36 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 42 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 43 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 49 PM.jpg

Photo Sep 26 6 32 56 PM.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,

Looks like a bad attempt to do something by a previous owner.  But I can't see the colors well.

Best is to use these wiring diagrams to match the wires up.

Radio Wiring Diagram in a 90 

Source: by Seattle FSB (SeSeattleFSB)

and

1990-bronco-542-manual-ac-heater.jpg

a/c-heater unit in a 90 by Seattle FSB (SeSeattleFSB)

​
Ford wire color code abbreviation chart
BK Black
BL Blue
BR Brown
DB dark Blue
DG Dark Green
GN Green
GY Grey
LB Light Blue
LG Light Green
N Natural
O Orange
P Purple
PK Pink
R Red
T Tan
V Violet
W White
Y Yellow

Where two colors are shown for a wire, the first color is the basic color of the wire. The second color is the stripe marking. For example: BR/O is a brown wire with an orange stripe.

GL!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jonathankallen

jonathankallen

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a brand new wiring harness from Crutchfield because the one that's in there has been worked over a few times.  Just out of curiosity, what is this smaller clip for coming out of the bigger clip?  there's a smaller clip on each of the bigger clips that were not plugged in to anything (sorry for the not-so-technical words).

Also, I'm getting new speakers and I saw a post on here that said the original rear speakers were 5x7 and that you'd need to get a conversion kit to use 6x8 but a lot of websites like Crutchfield show that you can use 5x7 or 6x8.  What's been your experience Skitter since it seems like you've done this before?  I'm not wanting to make any modifications to the rear speaker cover.

CD Player Harness.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke