95' New to Me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zballar

Reaction score
Im new to the forum so here is a introduction. This seems like the right place to seek answers and share knowledge. I bought my first Bronco on 9/21/17! Really enjoying it so far. It has a 175k on the truck but the engine was recently bored 30 over mild cam. It has a ton of other new parts recently. The interior is custom distressed leather. It has a 3" body lift, and a 6" suspension lift. On some 37x12.5 17 wranglers. It's been many years since I've been able to work on my own vehicle, im excited to get back at it.

00D0D_3XQwIeJvpNM_1200x900.jpg

IMG_05001.jpg

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone!

Those seats look amazing! What carb do you have running the engine?

p.s.  Concider adding your signature with year, engine size, transmission type, transfer case type (manual or electric shift), locking hub type (automatic or manual) info & major mods such as a Lift, etc.

You can do that by:

Click your name in right black panel in upper right;
In pop up,
Click, My Profile
Click, Edit My Profile in right side black panel
In left panel, Click, Edit Signature
Enter info
Click, Save Changes

OP
OP
zballar

zballar

Reaction score
Thanks, Skitter302. It's fuel injected. I'll edit my signature, that's a good idea.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo z,

Welcome!

If you have a 95, was cruise control, if equipped recall work completed by dealership? Call dealer & have VIN ready.

"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."

This also applies to 94 through 96.

93 Broncos have a different recall ; The affected vehicles were previously repaired using a wiring harness that is not compatible with the vehicle circuit polarity. As a result, the fuse is located in the output circuit rather than in the intended input power feed circuit, and may not offer the intended protection in the event of an electrical short to ground. This could result in an underhood fire. Dealers will install a new wiring harness, or replace the mating electrical component. east302 provided following for his 93 "I found the recall information on alldata...didn't know it was even there so that's a plus. Mine has the updated harness with two fuses instead of one, so it looks like the recall was addressed correctly."

Your Bronco looks great!

Al

OP
OP
zballar

zballar

Reaction score
Doesn't look after market to me. Would assume it was tuned when the engine work was completed but not sure. I'll have to contact the seller to get some more detail.

OP
OP
zballar

zballar

Reaction score
Skitter302,

Looks like the ECU/COM wasn't tuned or changed out after all, since the engine work. Any suggestions?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
If it drives good don't worrie about it. If it gets bad MPG you'll know it because the ecu isn't tuned for the cam. Rev it up and have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo