66-96 Ford Broncos - Early & Full Size
Rons beast

Waiting for Irma

Sitting here in Sarasota, windows boarded...now just waiting.  Thought I would go on the forum just to get my mind off things for awhile.

The waiting and the aftermath can be as bad as the actual storm.  

That brought me to think of the many good people on here that give time and other resources to help with problems on our vehicles.

In the following days I ask you all to do the same for anybody and all in Florida and Houston.  I cant tell you exactly what to do to help...but check the many organizations that will be promoted for providing help.

I have been through a few of these things and haven't seen what has happened here already.  Not destruction, that will come, but shortages of water, food, gas, etc.  almost everything has been sold out and unavailable for 4 days already.

Please don't take this as a complaint.  Hell,  me and my family are doing well compared to many others.  

Take this as a call to action in the near future.

Ask your superior being to give us strength and keep us safe.

I know how gracious the members here are.  

Thanks in advance to all. 

Yo Ron,

My family wishes you and you family as well as all in danger there the best.

My two close cousins live in Fort Lauderdale across A1A and have left for Philly.

We lost power in a near cane here for 8 days and understand the stress.

The best to you and your's Ron,

Al

I always imagine of how life is after a storm. and the shortages and the rebuilding afterward. I never think of the shortages before the storm.

Ron, you still have Bronco these days? I see that you sold your '96 EB just wondering if you got another since then.

We just got a temp. apartment through a friend of a friend.  No damage to my condo, but debris literally everywhere and no electric!

Miracle that no-one here was injured but so many have left the development since the storm was over only about 6 of about 200 people are still staying there.

I have to go back during the day as I'm directing the cleanup. 

Thanks for the the thoughts.

Hey Ron,

Great!

Be wary of any electrical wiring, wet receptacles, etc.

Hopefully your condo is ok.  In our clean up after Sandy  we ran out of bandages, antiseptics such as Bacitravcin, etc.  Too many skin cuts and bruises from trees, siding, shingles, nails... 

Be safe Ron!

Hey Al and the rest of the gang ! Still don't have power at my condo but most of the stores are open and the restaurants have food!  Gas is still spotty and finding ice can be a challenge.

Yep you're right Al,  got quite a few scratches from debris just walking around the day after.

I have to give a shout out to all the power crews.  I have seen trucks from Pa. NC., SC. Mich. IN. VA. and these guys are working ridiculous hours. It's amazing how complicated a power grid can be and how dedicated the men and women of that profession are.

I'm hoping I can get power this weekend and start cleaning and throwing out all my food...Yeah...fun!

Thanks for the kind words.

Ron,

Any chance the sink, tub, etc drains backed up or are clogged further down the lines?  May need to cover them up to avoid the stanky stink.

GL Ron!

Hey Al,

My unit is on the second floor, so all is ok with the drains. The county has been coming in every day and pumping things out so the lift station doesn't back up.

Got hope of getting power back saturday.

Whew...!

Good to see you're in reasonably good shape considering....

We desert dwellers have no clue what that's like.

Good luck.., stay strong.  Best to you & yours...!!!

B

Finally!   We now have electric and cable.  For the first time in 11 days I can be in my home like normal. 

Good to know...!!  We can't afford to lose any more Moderators...  :-B  :D

Yo Ron,

Thats great!

Stay safe there and do what you need to do to prepare in event that another event occurs.

We were ready to purchase a natural gas powered generator when we discovered that thieves were targeting them in closest town.  The newspapers never mentioned this, but we found out from local building inspector. 

Be well  Ron!

Al

Thanks guys.   I had to travel a bit north on RT 75 yesterday.  There were hundreds  of trucks from power companies and tree-trimmers  heading north out of Florida.

It was staggering! I saw trucks from as far away as Iowa, and even some from Texas !   A big Thank You to all of them.  When you see these linemen out in your local area give them a thumbs up. They often go beyond the call and get little appreciation.

Yo Ron,

You have a very good friend!

Hopefuly you can relax and enjoy the sunny days Ron.

Al

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.